• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by GW.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Renthal gear……anyone got?
  • josh1982
    Free Member

I am thinking of getting my self a full renthal cockpit. Anyone got any feeb back on the stem? Kevlar grips?

Also are the fatbars lo rise which where in the core part one review available yet? if not when are they available?

rOcKeTdOg
    khani
    Free Member

Fatbars are 20mm and 38mm rise, I do believe descentgear.com have the 2011 ones in stock 😆
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/descent-gear-dot-com-they-really-are-very-nice

frogger
    Free Member

I have the stem. Incredible bit of kit, highly recommended! Looks better in the flesh than in the pics.

poppa
    Free Member

Made in Manchester too! Nice to be able to buy British!

Bregante

Yep I’ve got that lovely black and gold stem and it looks and feels superb on my enduro. So much so I quite fancy the fatbar riser now too. And I never buy new kit that I don’t n”need”

Amos
    Free Member

I have fat bars and they are spot on, now looking at buying the stem too

neilforrow

Got the bars on my moto and dh bike. When I have the funds they will be going on all of my bikes.

The best out there. Nice shape and strong, good finish, 120 world championships to their name and made in the uk.

geetee1972
    Free Member

It’s odd that the stem should be one of, if not the, lightest stem on the market and yet the handlebars are pretty chunky compared to most other equivalents.

I have both myself and they are very lovely and very trustworthy bits of kit, but when you’re actually riding the bike (rather than just looking at it) then there is nothing to distinguish them from anything else that is broadly speaking the same shape.

ChrisB
    Free Member

I have the chainring, bars and stem on my new Black Market Mob street/DJ build. All the parts look amazing (the gold bars remind me of gold Answer Pro Tapers, and the chainring is just pimp as hell), and you know most other people will be rocking a Thomson X4 stem (I used to have one on this bike) so the Renthal Duo makes you stand out from the crowd a bit too (plus is has a 10 degree rise).

I managed to get an amazing deal on the bars and stem second-hand (in new condition) on eBay. Paid £75 including postage for both, after contacting the seller and asking him to give me a discount for them together. 🙂 Could never normally afford £80 for stem and £60 for bars.

If you can afford it or get a good deal second-hand, go for it.

GW
    Free Member

did you get the microknobbies cheap too? if so where?

ChrisB
    Free Member

They were £22 each on Chain Reaction, reduced from £40:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=28888

They’re not the newer MK2 version, but still work great.

GW
    Free Member

cheers!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Renthal gear……anyone got?’ is closed to new replies.