Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Renthal Fatbar or Funn Fatboy? That is the question…
  • Mintyjim

In the market for some new bars for my big bike, narrowed in down to these two.
    Renthal are £15 more but I like the idea of being patriotic.
    Any feedback? Cheers

scruff
    Free Member

Is Renthal stuff made inUK ?

I have funn bars, they are good.

ruminant
    Free Member

Just to throw another idea your way dude, borrowed my mates V1 bars, very nice ideal, but £50 bit steep.

So got a pair of these

fsa maximus

£15 and there bang on, bargain tastic

Mintyjim

Scruff – yes I believe they are.

I had some Funn 25.4 diameter bars before and loved them.

Ruminant – I had some V1’s too (where on a bike that got stolen), those FSA’s are too narrow for my tastes, I prefer about 750mm.

Appreciate the feedback though

_tom_
    Free Member

I just put on some Funn Fatboy Slims and they feel nice so far. “Only” 710mm wide though. Feels a bit odd coming from 750, but I found those a bit too wide for jumping and stuff.

mrbump
    Free Member

funn fatboy are very good bars.they are triple butted and weigh over 50grams less than the renthals. i have the 750mm 30mm rise.
    i also own two pairs of sunline v1, equally as good as the funn but with a degree more back sweep and only a fraction heavier.
    i have also own fsa gravtiy maximus which are great for a tight budget( £12 on CRC) but are heavy and overly stiff meaning get too much vibration through the bars. the funn fatboys are particularly good vibration dampener but steering is still accurate.
    i’m currently waiting for some chromag fubar osx ano bar, but their quite pricey.
    also consider gusset slade ,best buget option at around £25.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Renthal Fatbar or Funn Fatboy? That is the question…’ is closed to new replies.