• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by four.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Renthal bars – upgrade
  • four
    Free Member

I currently have Renthal Fat bars 20mm rise on my Orange four 2016,

I am looking to swap/upgrade them to Renthal Carbon Lite – will there be a difference between the 10mm and 20mm rise – in terms of feeling and handling?

I’d like to bit a little less upright on the bike but not stretched out like an XC racer.

Thanks.

andyl
    Free Member

have you got 10mm of spacers you can swap to above the stem to get the same effect?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

The carbon lite’s are 740mm wide, if you want 780mm (assuming that’s what your fatbars are) you want the fatbar carbon.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gelert
    Free Member

I regularly swap from the 10mm rise to the 20mm rise Renthal Carbon bars. One is the Carbon Light 740 10mm and the other the Carbon DH model 780 20mm. The bike with the 780 has a 65HA vs 67HA on the 740 bar.

It takes seconds to adjust from bike to bike. I can’t say I can tell the 10mm bar rise difference between the bikes. The head angle makes more difference but the feeling of the change only lasts seconds.

The body adapts very quickly as soon as you get moving.

I think the new 35mm bars are 20mm wider in both versions for the same weight as the older models I have.

Is it an “upgrade” to go from the Alu versions to the Carbon versions? I did and I think the feel through the bars is just nicer on the Carbon versions.

four
    Free Member

Thanks chaps.

Interestingly I’ve chopped an inch off each end of the fat bars, so the Carbon Lite should be about right.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Renthal bars – upgrade’ is closed to new replies.