Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Renewing Passport – Photo Guidelines
  • PocketShepherd
    Free Member

Might be a stupid question but do I have to wear my glasses in my passport photo?

I need them (or my contacts) for general everyday use, and to drive etc. I am wearing them in my old passport photo, but I went to a photo booth thing last night and it said to remove all glasses?

The guidelines aren’t very specific on this: https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

I was sure you have to wear them for your driving license photos, if you need them to drive?

Got 5 weeks until I leave for the Mega so I really can’t have any delays! :/

Cheers

globalti
    Free Member

Remove your glasses. Your passport will have a chip in the cover containing a bigger picture and the measurements of your face for when you pass through one of those biometric measuring gates that nobody wants to use. They can’t measure the features on your face if you’re wearing glasses.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

with eyes open, visible and free from reflection or glare from glasses

Is your answer. It’s your choice so long as there is no glare. I would just take them off.

There is however massive backlog with passport applications at the moment, so you need to get that application in today.

globalti
    Free Member

It must be all those Romanians and Bulgarians applying for British passports.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Judging from the BIL’s experience, it is parents sending in their kids passport applications for half-term holidays.

Which are now being spent at home.

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

Excellent. Cheers all.

Application is all done online and paid for, just need to get photos and visit the post office. It’ll be on its way within the hour.

craighill
    Free Member

My renewal took just over 4 weeks, received it a week or two back

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Renewing Passport – Photo Guidelines’ is closed to new replies.