Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Renault Zoe, anyone got or tried one?
  • 29erKeith
    Free Member

I’m possibly tempted to try electric and they seem good value.
    They’re popping up used on auto trader but the prices seem to vary wildly which seems odd! They mainly seem to be dealers and ex demo’s with quite a few with very low mileage.I’ve seen things like 200miles at £7k then 2000miles at £13k. Specs vary but not that much. Not sure what to make of the massive differences. Are the all just lemons?

trail_rat
    Free Member

be aware if they are anything like the twizzy you have a monthly rental on top for the batteries…..

29erKeith
    Free Member

Yeah I’m aware of Battery rental.

Leaf is another option, you can by the battery with them, used that worries me a bit, how can I test the battery bar doing a full charge and long run which would take a good few hours. Dealer maybe private might be more difficult

breatheeasy
    Free Member

IIRC there are two options on the Zoe now – buy the battery, or rent it.

That might explain the two price differences you are seeing – the more expensive might have battery ‘included’.

surfer
    Free Member

I test drove a Leaf for 7 days. Really liked it but the range is much less than they claim. Only a matter of time though and a hybrid will almost certainly be my next car.

sturmeyarcher

My Mum’s had one for about 6 months. She loves it; well spec’d, comfy, good in town, cheap to run and no problems so far. The range limitations mean some journeys need planning. Check your regular haunts for fast charging points. She’s in Manchester where coverage is excellent, Sheffield on the other hand is a bit of a desert for electric hook ups. Build quality seems very good compared to my expectations of French motors.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Cheers all, Sturmy especially, that’s good to hear.

We’ll probably always have a second car but most of the time we do short journeys in the little run around car not the big estate

drovercycles
    Free Member

We’ve had a Kangoo e-van for the last 18 months and it’s used for 80% plus of our journeys, saving a fortune in diesel.

It’s brilliant, and we’ll certainly have more EVs in the future.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Renault Zoe, anyone got or tried one?’ is closed to new replies.