Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • removing the indicators on Shimano XT shifters
  • JimSu
    Free Member

I have seen the previous posts about there being blanks concealed within the indicator housing to cover the whole when it is removed. Unfortunately this is not the case with mine so have had to reassemble them. I cant find blanks on CRC.

Any idea where I can get some blanks??

The ? why bother is no shift the brakes out for 1 finger braking with the shifters out side to be reachable from the grips

votchy
    Free Member

Use some Park glueless patches, been on my XT shifters for 3 years now and they still work fine, patches are clear and hidden by brakes.

j_me
    Free Member

How old are the shifters? They aren’t in the indicator housing but stuck to the back plate that you unscrew from the shifter modules (just in case you’d missed them)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chutney13
    Free Member

i just sawed mine off. it looks awesome.

bigdonx
    Free Member

One set of mine have the proper blanking caps on the other set have Duck Tape – works fine – it’s just for keeping foreign bodies out, not waterproofing.

WackoAK
    Free Member

I never bothered putting any sort of “blanking” on mine, 3 years later still going strong.

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

Get some Sugru 🙂

Skoolshoes
    Free Member

Madison might have them?!!
    Send them an email…

Mister-P
    Free Member

I am assuming you have the latest style M770 shifters?

Exploded view here

If so and you don’t have the indicators in the place they should be then ask your LBS to order part numbers 6MP 9809 and 6MP 9810 from Madison.

If you have earlier shifters then covers are not available and some tape is your best option.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Duck Tape

I agree try and choice a funky colour like yellow and green together !

JimSu
    Free Member

thanks for all your help
    I will recheck for a blank then order the part you suggest

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘removing the indicators on Shimano XT shifters’ is closed to new replies.