Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Removing the bearing races from a Hope Pro II Freehub Body
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

The inners and balls fell out in a bunch of goo now I have 2 of the races stuck, I have tried it in a vice and hammering it but the don't shift too well. Don't want to over tighten the vice and damage the body either. Coated it in GT85 and it's sat outside stewing right now so time for tips

tumnurkoz
    Free Member
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Heat the hub – if you have just the hub put it in boiling water for a few minutes. Makes life much easier.

Support the hub on timber and hit the fecker

racing_ralph
    Free Member

If i am reading this correctly the inner race and balls are out but the outer race is stuck in the freehub shell, how does he remove that?

fozzybear
    Free Member

mine did the same..

your talking about the two next to the pawls?
    mine looked like this

i had to get a punch and flip the hub over and slowly edge them out but i had to stand the hub on a socket to push it out..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep either I loose points for writing or you win points for reading, bearings disintegrated outers jammed hard. Will try heating, off for a kettle more wood and a bigger hammer

edit
    Mine did look like that – explains the noise and movement most of the way round kirroctree and dalbettie

racing_ralph
    Free Member

all else fails – cold chisel to cut thru the outer race

fozzybear
    Free Member

oh and check your axle for score marks like mine has **** things totalled it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

a virtual forum pint for TJ boiling water worked a treat

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Cheers mike – its the obvious answer to heat the hubs and folk often struggle away without doing it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Removing the bearing races from a Hope Pro II Freehub Body’ is closed to new replies.