Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • removing stuck freehub body hope pro2
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Help me please… Feels like my shoulder is going to dislocate before the freehub moves at all.

KonaTC

That’s strange mine came off very easily with a twist and pull.

Is it working ok? If not could be jammed by broken pawls or springs, not sure what to suggest other than try and lever it off

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I take it you have removed the axle spacer on the end?

It could be the axle is seized onto the bearings I guess. Give the axle a tap either way to try to free it

Wally

I would wrap in cloth lots, in vice and use wheel to twist and pull wheel off, leaving freehub in vice.
    Should pop of with a gentle and twist either way and pull with hand though. You have pulled off the end cap?

Northwind

What I did with mine, which was very well stuck… Can’t remember if I posted all of this in the last thread.

With a tyre on and inflated, I placed blocks of wood under the tyre, then stood on the tyre (so that all my weight was on the wheel/tyre). Then, with a large ring off an old cassette attached (very hard to get a grip on a whole cassette but you could probably do this with just the spider’d part of an XT or similiar, I used some orrible OEM thing) I pulled up, with a lot of rocking back and forth. I never got a hint of movement by any other method but it was easy enough by this approach.

Also, if you’ve not already get it up to room temperature, that’ll slightly soften the seal.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

I’ve used a couple of options in the past.. either put the cassette back on and tap it on the back of the spider to drift the freehub body off, or drift the axle through to the non-drive side. The second method will take the NDS hub bearing out though, and you’ll have to protect the axle end by putting an M5 screw it before you tap it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘removing stuck freehub body hope pro2’ is closed to new replies.