Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Removing scourer scratches from brushed stainless steel
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Our cooker top has just been cleaned with an abrasive scourer and has scratch marks – is there any way of removing them or do I just kill the cleaner, get banged up for a few years and will have calmed down & forgotten about the scratches by the time I get released?

ads678

Just go over it again but in the same direction as the brush marks!!

Trimix
    Free Member

Either polish them out, or put more in and make it a feature 🙂

Alternatively don’t turn the lights on when in the kitchen.

johndoh
    Free Member

Alternatively don’t turn the lights on when in the kitchen.

I almost cried when I put the cooker hood downlighters on this morning.

Mikkel
    Free Member

600 grit wet and dry then a scourer and a lot of hard work as you will have to do the whole thing

Gary_M
    Free Member

Put baby oil on it, the hob not the cleaner, rub it in and you won’t see the scratches.

johndoh
    Free Member

😆

She is the last person I would put baby oil on :-O

Now boiling oil….

fasthaggis

I almost cried when I put the cooker hood downlighters on this morning.

So it was you that used the wrong cleaning device then.
    😛

or

Sack the cleaner and buy a new cooker top with the money you save.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Paint it with black enamel?

johndoh
    Free Member

Sack the cleaner and buy a new cooker top with the money you save.

It’s a Britannia range oven and parts are obscenely expensive so I doubt that maths would work out.

And no it wasn’t me – I saw the scratches then said to my wife ‘it’ll look ten times worse with the hood lights on’. I was wrong – it’s 100 times worse.

globalti
    Free Member

Unfortunately to polish out the deeper scratches you’ll have to remove quite a lot of metal. Just accept the scratches as honourable wear and tear.

johndoh
    Free Member

honourable wear and tear.

it is only 9 months old, it’s my baby.

😐

Rockape63
    Free Member

you just need to do the same with a less abrasive cleaner and then again with another less abrasive cleaner and a less etc. until you get back to fine scratches that are part of the look. Not that difficult.

Kahurangi

It sounds like an amazing cooker. Pics please, we need to see if you’re overreacting.

fasthaggis

It sounds like an(y) old amazing cooker. No Pics please, we need to see if know you’re overreacting.

Fixed that for ya Jon 😉

andysredmini
    Free Member

For fine scratches on brushed stainless we use a little bar the factory lads call garyflex. It an abrasive block that gets rubbed in the direction of the grain. I’m not sure if that’s its proper name though. For deeper scratches we send stuff out to a polisher who removes the scratches and re-grains it.
    If its that bad see if a local polisher will come out and sort it. Its only metal and polishing isn’t hard with the correct tools. Different story if its lacquered though.

Davesport

Did Bill Clinton not get in trouble for uttering “Sack my cook Monica” or something similar 😆

cloudnine
    Free Member

Fine wet and dry then Autosol metal polish

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Removing scourer scratches from brushed stainless steel’ is closed to new replies.