Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Removing reverb stealth post
  • giddyrob
    Free Member

Hey,

I’m going to change the seat clamp on the new bike and just want to know how to remove the post?

I undid the clamp and tried to pull the stealth up and out, but it only came up about an inch then stopped moving. Do I just need to pull with a bit more force or do you need to remove all the cabling to allow it to come out?

I’ve got the Fox one on my other bike and fitted all that so understand what I’m doing. Never had a Stealth before so don’t want to yank it and damage it.

Thanks

Rob

Rorschach
    Free Member

fitted all that so understand what I’m doing

The evidence suggests otherwise.
    Have a cup of tea and a further think about it.

zelak999
    Free Member

Try feeding the hose in from the handlebar end, you will need to remove the actuator from the bars.

I’d leave it well alone if I were you, it doesn’t sound like it’s going to end well.

You do know a Reverb is hydraulic, not cable don’t you?

giddyrob
    Free Member

Thanks… Yeah, can release the cable on the frame from the looks of things. Just wanted to check as you can pull the fox one out without removing anything apart from releasing the clamp.

BTW, the evidence suggests I fitted the Fox one perfectly well on the old girl ta 🙂

spectabilis
    Free Member

Hey I’m not stalking you, you’re just very “interesting”

Maybe the simplest solution would be to remove the bolt entirely from the clamp and the hose can pass through gap.

Judging by your other thread where you are having difficulty in figuring out if the clamp on a bike actually in your hands is a 34.9 where you also have a known 34.9 clamp un the other it might be best just to take it to an LBS!

rickon
    Free Member

Maybe the simplest solution would be to remove the bolt entirely from the clamp and the hose can pass through gap.

Yep. Bingo. Exactly what I do if I’m just changing a clamp. Loose all the cable guides the hose is attached to, and remove the remote lever from the bar – this will allow the hose to pull through the frame- otherwise you’ll pull the hose off the barb if you pull hard enough.

giddyrob
    Free Member

That’s what I was trying to be sure hence this post.

You are kind of stalking me to be fair.

Would you like me to explain Object oriented programming to you as I’m so interesting/stupid?

It’s easy to order something the wrong size and find that most people on this forum are helpful and put you in the right direction.

Kindly spam someone else or just be nice 🙂

Thanks Rickon 🙂 New bike so some new bits to get used to 🙂

rickon
    Free Member

Would you like me to explain Object oriented programming to you

if(seatclamp.size() == “unknown”){
    measure(seatclamp);
    }

giddyrob
    Free Member

LOL rickon…

spectabilis
    Free Member

giddyrob – Member
    Would you like me to explain Object oriented programming to you as I’m so interesting/stupid?

Does it involve a piece of string?

rickon – Member
    Would you like me to explain Object oriented programming to you
    if(seatclamp.size() == “unknown”){
    measure(seatclamp);
    }

😆

otsdr
    Free Member

That’s not OOP, you should be using a VernierFactoryFactory to eventually get an instance of a VernierScale and use that on the seatclamp.

andyl
    Free Member

Find the correct torx bit and remove the remote from your bars.

undo the seat clamp and remove the bolt/lever etc

Gradually feed the hose from the remote end towards the hole in the frame it comes out of while slowly pulling up on the post – work a little bit at a time and if you have any mid point exits around the BB for example you may need to work the cable around those too.

Eventually your remote should be right up against your frame exit/entrance and you should have the post fully out with just the hose going down into the seat tube.

I you are lucky you can get the hose through the gap in the seat clamp, maybe tease it open with a plastic tyre lever a touch.

Refitting is the reverse. Don’t forget to clean the post and apply some nice fresh grip paste.

If you dont have enough hose (which is unlikely unless you have 580mm wide bars!) or the hose won’t fit through the clamp then your best bet is to unscrew the hose from from the base of the post or worst case from the remote and re-thread it (tie some string or something to it if you do this using the red barb tool (couple of £ on ebay).

If you have a connectamajig on the bottom of the post you might get away without a bleed but if not then you will need to bleed it. Plenty of videos about doing that, I am sure sram also have a video on how to remove your post too.

The evidence suggests otherwise.
    Have a cup of tea and a further think about it.

^ This 😉 😀

giddyrob
    Free Member

Ta 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Removing reverb stealth post’ is closed to new replies.