Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Removing Poploc and still being able to lock-out without buying kit
  • oldgwegg
    Free Member

Couldn’t revive the original thread:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/peterpoddys-poploc-conversion-guide

But I was interested in the answer to the question that someone asked right at the end, about how to remove the Poploc and still be able to lockout without buying the kit. Someone mentioned fitting a washer to do the job.

Any ideas please ?

LoCo
    Free Member

Cap head screw into the cable grub screw hole in the spool dial to get a ‘grip’ to turn it 😉

oldgwegg
    Free Member

Thanks ! Finally figured out what you meant – so if I put a cap head screw in there to get some grip, I presume I don’t need an extra o-ring or washer underneath the spool dial.

plyphon
    Free Member

You use a oring under the spool dial to provide some resistance, otherwise it’ll flop forward and backward at the slightest touch.

that way when you turn it, it’ll stay locked.

oldgwegg
    Free Member

OK – thanks for the explanation.

honourablegeorge

Anyone gor a picture of this fix?

oldgwegg
    Free Member

@honourablegeorge – click the link in my first post and then use the Peter Poddy pdf. Just ignore the bit about buying the special kit and re-fit the bits that you took off, but adding an o-ring underneath the spool dial, and if you need something to get a grip to turn the spool dial, put a longer screw or cap head screw in the allen grub thread.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Removing Poploc and still being able to lock-out without buying kit’ is closed to new replies.