Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Removing optical window from Shimano XT M8000 shifter
  • jimr80
    Free Member

So i got the new 11 spd stuff and the shifter came with the optical window. The shifter comes from Rose bikes and is proper boxed stuff, however there is no replacement cover should you remove the optics. Is there supposed to be a cover or are they an after market item. The optical is removable via one small screw.

rone

Same problem for me this week too. Best I could find was that the cover wasn’t available.

Not sure if any of the back catalogue will fit. Tried an SLX cover to no avail.

teethgrinder

I believe there will be one available at some point, but it doesn’t come with it.

dirtydog
    Free Member

They did the exact same thing with their 780 shifters, couldn’t get hold of blanking plate for weeks.

Try E mailing Rose, that’s not how I got hold of 780 blanking plates.

Shimanos German distributors where surprisingly helpful, they actually responded to my email and provided the part numbers and referred me to Rose, can’t remember their name though.

sam_underhill

I made some custom covers using duct tape. Matching black and everything.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Pretty sure I’ve got a spare

drovercycles
    Free Member

The part you need is Y03K98080 for right and Y03L98070 – £2.99 each but not available (in the UK at least, I’d imagine worldwide/Europe the same) until December.

We’ll have stock as soon as they land.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Ahhh 11 speed. Nope mines xt

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Removing optical window from Shimano XT M8000 shifter’ is closed to new replies.