Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Removing malware…any ideas?
  • BillMC

I downloaded a Youtube downloader and got a pile of malware with it. Have removed programmes, deleted TiFs, run Malwarebytes a few times. Bloody ‘Crime Watch’ popups still occurring. Any advice for getting rid of this crap would be most joyously received.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

System restore point before the infection?

Can’t do the crime(watch)…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

restore to a previous time(watch).

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

there’s one called adwcleaner (adware)

willard

Microwave?

Very big magnet?

slowoldman

When I was on Windows I used to use Avast! which was initially a free AV package. Then malware protection and cleaning was added in. As far as I recall it worked well. I’d advise installing it and see what it finds/cleans.

Murray

Malwarebytes is excellent

thejesmonddingo

I use superantispyware and I’m not even lying.

TheFlyingOx

I’ve always found a combination of Malwarebytes, Spybot S&D and Avast Antivirus Free to keep our computers free from all that crap.

If you’ve got something though, they generally prevent you installing the above programs. Download and install Malwarebytes and Spybot onto a USB stick via a clean computer, then run them on your unclean one. Once they’ve done their jobs install the Avast thing, do a full scan, then install MWB & SSD on your pc.

Cougar

System Restore is underrated, always worth a try.

Could be that you’re rid of the infection but your browser home page is set to their site. Reset that and check for any errant plugins / extensions / add-ons in the browser.

Xylene
    Free Member

hitman pro

BillMC

Thank you all. Hopefully now sorted.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Removing malware…any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.