Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Removing main pivot axle on Commencal Meta AM v4?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Anyone done this? I’ve removed the cap on the non drive side (that states 30 nm torque) , but the drive side cap and axle just spins without extracting itself. Do I need to punch the axle out somehow, or does it unscrew?

After a year or so of heavy use the bearings generally seem good, apart from the 2 smallest near the rear wheel axle.

Cheers

Scamper
    Free Member

Not sure if its the same, but when I removed the main rocker pivot on my V3 I had to punch it out from the other side using something blunt so not to damage the bolt head on that side.

Funnily enough my smallest bearings on the chain/seat stays were fine but the rocker pivot and main pivot were solid.

Again, not sure how relevant it is to a V4, but there is a video up on youtube from some australian bloke showing how to do a bearing change on a V3.

hora
    Free Member

My V4 is 18months old now. I think it could probably do with a fettle too. I t feels OK however over time you could just get used to sticking bearings etc?

Lifer
    Free Member

Undo the shock and test the bearings by hand

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

There’s no play, but I want to flush them out and decrease, so need to inspext

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Removing main pivot axle on Commencal Meta AM v4?’ is closed to new replies.