Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Removing indicators on M780 XT shifters?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Can the indicators on these shifters be removed without switching to the i-spec type?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-xt-m780-10-speed-rapidfire-pods/

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Yup, just 2 screws.

Petra cycles sell them – about 3-4 quid each (unlike 770s that had them included)

stats

If you bought them as an upgrade and not as part of a bike, the blanking plates should have come in the box.
    Looks 10x better without them.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

If you bought them as an upgrade and not as part of a bike, the blanking plates should have come in the box.
    Looks 10x better without them.

Unless you bought them in a bag like I did from CRC – ex OEM ones!

svalgis
    Free Member

Aren’t the plates fitted under the indicators somehow when unused? Pretty sure I found them there when I removed the indicators on my SLX shifters, but I could be wrong.

stats

Unless you bought them in a bag like I did from CRC – ex OEM ones!

Bummer!

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

M770s definitely had the blanking plates inside, but I cant find out for sure if these do. Wiggle says “I believe they do….” but seem to be a bit non-committal. I’ve ordered some now anyway, so will find out soon.

stats

Aren’t the plates fitted under the indicators somehow when unused? Pretty sure I found them there when I removed the indicators on my SLX shifters, but I could be wrong.

They were on the M770’s but not the M780’s.

stats

M770s definitely had the blanking plates inside, but I cant find out for sure if these do. Wiggle says “I believe they do….” but seem to be a bit non-committal. I’ve ordered some now anyway, so will find out soon.

They come in the box, not inside the shifter.

svalgis
    Free Member

Oh, gotcha. Bummer for those buying OEM then.

neninja
    Free Member

As above CRC and Merlin aren’t retail boxed sets so no covers. I recently got a set from We Love Mountains for a good price and can confirm that they are proper boxed sets with the covers.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

I’ve got a set on one bike with the ‘windows’removed and used gaffer tape tocover up instead of the blanks – not as pretty but seems to work ok

thorlz
    Free Member

Mine from Merlin, came boxed with the blanking adapters included.

madeupname
    Free Member

Bought a set from CRC a week or two ago, came boxed with blanking plates and cables…. Did I get lucky?

As to the OP, yes they can

neninja
    Free Member

OK – I got a set of XT M780 shifters from Merlin last year and they were bagged OEM ones with no covers. Likewise a mate from CRC the same.

Must now have retail boxed sets in.

cjmeep
    Free Member

i got mine from CRC boxed with covers and cables

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Removing indicators on M780 XT shifters?’ is closed to new replies.