Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Removing glue from sprint rims
  • flashes
    Free Member

What can I use to get the glue residue off of sprint rims, ideally something I can get from my local DIY?

wingnuts

At the Ghent 6 last week watched the mechanics take it off carbon rims. Stanley knife and elbow grease. No chemicals. Back in the day when I had aluminium rims it was white spirit, rag and then a wire brush to key the clean surface.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Check your other post

Garry_Lager

If they’re metal rims then I would have thought you can go large on the solvents? Acetone, toluene and dichloromethane are all ‘strong’ solvents that should make quick work of glue residue – you can get them at the DIY place – DCM is is a lot of paint strippers.

Do it outside if you want to use these, obv – a real hazard to use these in an enclosed area like a small room.

garvaldnights
    Free Member

This
    [http://www.lakeland.co.uk/24547/Stick-Stuff-Remover-Gel-Spray?gclid=CIub_omhs8kCFQw8GwodfJAPeQ&src=gfeed&s_kwcid=AL!49!3!69393858869!!!g!43864961405!&ef_id=VM6dIAAABMJgW3l5:20151128134848:s]

I’ve tried everything and this stuff was the best. Swoosh it on, leaf ten minutes and buff it off with a dish washing sponge.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Removing glue from sprint rims’ is closed to new replies.