Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • removing fox rp23 bushes without the proper tool
  • handyman
    Free Member

I have to replace my bushes on my rp23 and i am getting the heavy duty set but i have to remove the old bushing what have people used instead of the fox tool thanks

twohats
    Free Member

An old XT front axle, as the cones were the same diameter as the bushes, that and a selection of washers, sockets and I had my own bush puller!!!

lowey

It may be worth clubbing together with some mates and splitting the cost. I spent nearly an hour in the garage trying to get the bastard out of my romic, and then popped round to Vartexracing's who had a tool. He change the entire bush in less than 4 mins.

mrfrosty
    Free Member

There not that expensive but anyways few people i know use sockets of different diameters to create the male/female type tool.

slackman99
    Free Member

Handyman,

If you're anywhere near Northampton you can borrow mine.

twohats
    Free Member

He change the entire bush in less than 4 mins.

With the correct tool and a bit of experience, you can remove and fit both bushes in a shock with just four blows of a hammer!
    In the shop I used to work in we used to have it down to less than a minute!

z1ppy

The bushing tools are ace, we have a fox and manitou one between our group and there well worth it.

Otherwise a couple of sockets & a vice (or G-Clamp) can be used to do the job, you need one the same size as the bushing to push them out and another larger than the bushing for the other side, which is used to allow the bush to be pushed inside it as you tighten the vice up.
    Has to be said it bloody awkward lining it all up on the vice and trying to hold it together, a three hand job, but then I was worried about damaging the shock & didn't 'rush' it.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

It's easier to have a good LBS, if you take all the bits ready to be done, they'll do it in a few mins and charge you a few quid (or maybe just ask you to buy something).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘removing fox rp23 bushes without the proper tool’ is closed to new replies.