Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Removing clothing transfers
  • jiff
    Free Member

Anyone any ideas how to remove a few small transfers from clothing please ?. They are on a soft shell top and I’m not sure what they’ve been applied with.
    Have tried wife’s hairdryer, but without success. I don’t know anyone who has a heat stripping gun for paint, or I’d (carefully !!) try that.
    Anyone any ideas as to what liquids may work which won’t damage the top please ?.

Thanks

Esme
    Free Member

Difficult to remove without damaging the fabric. They’ll probably start to wrinkle and lift eventually, if you can wait long enough. In the meantime, would it help to turn them plain black with a permanent marker pen?
    (I don’t like being a walking billboard either 🙄 )

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I’ve used the permanent marker trick – still visible if you look closely, but not obvious from a distance.

jiff
    Free Member

Thanks peeps.
    Have already gone down the permanent marker route with limited success. Have thought about trying to ‘lift’ them using a hot iron, but risky on a soft shell top. May try some options such as meths / turpentine to try and speed up the wrinkling process…….

CountZero

I’d just leave them, if they’re small ones, honestly, who cares? On outdoor clothing, I’m not at all bothered by small logos, which are often embroidered and can’t be removed anyway. Some are reflective, and are a safety feature.
    It’s not like skate clothing which has huge logos printed on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Removing clothing transfers’ is closed to new replies.