Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Removing canti studs
  • monksie
    Free Member

From my Colnago World Cup 2.0 . They have a ‘kind of’ flat bit for a spanner but the one I tried to get out was a bugger to turn and the threads must be superfine as it’s barely come out at all.
    Is this normally the case or am I going to have to learn to live with the ugly sticking out things?

acehtn
    Free Member

Either locktited in place or seized.

Being hard to remove is fairly normal, may require some heat to the stud and brute force to crack them off (break the bond on the threads)

However with the mention of Colnago frame, which i assume ain’t cheap, wait for other replys or contact LBS (who may well just blow torch them and crack them off anyway)

cchris2lou

yep , they normally come out .

use plusgas or any other similar product to make it easier .

monksie
    Free Member

It’s a two week old bike. The one I was working on made a right bang just as the spanner slipped. I shit it feared the worst and put the spanner down.

orangeboy
    Free Member

It’s not been that unusual over the years to have to start them moving with a 12″ adjustable but a little heat does help
    Does not have to be a blow torch , hot water can work very well too

But if your worried about the warranty just get the shop to do it

normski
    Free Member

They will have strong loctite on the threads as this is common on all brake bosses. As per other comments you need to heat the boss and it will come out without drama

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Removing canti studs’ is closed to new replies.