Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Removing bricks from storage heaters – any tips??
  • munkster
    Free Member

Have just had new c/h installed so have a couple of storage heaters to probably try and flog for a few quid on the bay; question is – is there a right way or wrong way to remove the bricks? Indeed is it even possible usually or is it even discouraged? I am assuming not since otherwise they would be unbelieveably heavy to move!

For ref they’re the same as these…

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280643327470&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_922

Any thoughts/insight appreciated, cheers.

Drac

If I remember rightly you just remove a panel and take the bricks out, sure that’s all I did.

stylish
    Free Member

panel comes off the front, some heaters have a cover over the bricks, and carefully remove them, try not to damage them, and dont drop one on your foot, they can be chuffin heavy…….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    markrh
    Free Member

Bend your knees, not your back.

They are pretty fragile and make a right blummin mess – even when new and installing them.

You have to remove the front panel – usually screws along the bottom front edge, then the insulated panel – screws all round. Then the front row of bricks can be removed/will fall out, but you then have to undo the electrical terminals at the bottom that hold the heater elements in place to access the rear bricks.

munkster
    Free Member

Excellent, thanks for this…

Flaperon

It takes AGES. Get someone to help you.

turin
    Free Member

to access the rear set of bricks you dont have to remove the individual elements you can just bend them forward while connected.

just noticed that you are trying to sell them, if you are dont bend them but good luck trying to sell them. Might be worth putting them up on freecycle or similar with the person wanting them having the joy of removing them

jonahtonto
    Free Member

dont sell them make a pizza oven in the back yard

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just one note, some of the older ones contain asbestos so get a mask on (ffp3 type about a fiver). There are a couple of lists on line with the model numbers!

rickmeister

+1 wrighty…

wrightyson
    Free Member

A fiver or my lungs 😕

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Removing bricks from storage heaters – any tips??’ is closed to new replies.