Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Removing arm from garmin cadence sensor.
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Anyone removed the arm from the garmin cadence sensor? I don’t use a rear wheel
    magnet so don’t need the arm and it’s a pretty close fit against the spokes. I could put it in the ‘up’ position but that looks a bit crap. I’m thinking of unscrewing the arm and snipping the wires, heat shrink the ends and silicone seal the hole where the screw was.

Anyone done this?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Anyone?

TiRed

Sell it on here and sSwap it for a Bontrager cadence only sensor for £18. The magnet on the Bonty is a much nicer affair too. I did consider your approach, but decided against it.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ll take a look at the bonty one as I have another bike I could put the garmin one on.

Thanks

TiRed

One hint – assuming you are using a Garmin head unit, when you come to search for an ANT+ “cadence” sensor, you have to select this separately as an option in the search menu. Otherwise it will look for a “speed/cadence” (which is the default). Much head scratching was done over why the new cadence sensor wasn’t found by my 500. Once it is registered as on that bike, switching is not a problem if you use bike profiles.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Removing arm from garmin cadence sensor.’ is closed to new replies.