Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Removing a Reverb hose from a frame.. will it need bleeding after?
  • renton
    Free Member

The bike Ive just bought has a reverb fitted and I would like to remove it so I can add a dropper post with some layback.

How do I disconnect the hose and will it need bleeding after?

How much do used Reverbs go for?

Ta.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Shouldn’t do. I’ve done this a couple of times with no need to bleed. If you’re careful not to lose any fluid from the hose or press the hydraulic button you should be OK.

andyl
    Free Member

Most likely if you end up faffing getting it out and it’s the old style. The ones with the connectamjig on the base (larger black connector and crimped fitting on post end of hose) can be removed a few times without needing to bleed as they have a ball to close off (like an airline does) but on most frames you will need to remove the remote end to route the hose. Removal maybe not.

If trimming the hose at the remote end I find that if you are quick and keep it vertical you can prevent bleeding but routing is a lot more moving around so not likely.

It’s not a 31.6, 125mm drop in 380 or 420 with right hand lever by any chance is it?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s about 50/50 IME, and I’ve fitted and remove maybe 20-30 of them. Some do, some don’t.
    Piece of piss to do though, 5 min job at worst.
    Unlike Shimano brakes where I’ve probably fitted in the region of 50+ pairs and only ever had to bleed 2 after trimming the hoses…..

renton
    Free Member

I’ve just had a look and it looks like this …..

It goes into the top tube and come out by the shock.

Which bit do I disconnect and how do I do out.

Its a 30.9 x 125.

coatesy
    Free Member

Try your LBS for a red barb that comes with Reverbs from new, undo the lever from the bars, hold the hose tightly and unwind the lever from it, then screw the red barb into the hose to plug it. So little fluid will be lost that it’ll almst never need bleeding, especially if you trim a little off the hose before refitting.

renton
    Free Member

Will the red barb fit through the hole in the frame to remove it.

coatesy
    Free Member

Should do, it’s the same diameter as the hose. Done dozens this way with no problems.

andyl
    Free Member

Hold the pipe just next to the remote and unscrew the remote. Quickly pull it out of the frame and then re-attach it to the remote. Fingers crossed you won’t need to bleed. Why have they bothered routing a non-stealth into the frame?

renton
    Free Member

I dunno it must be a spesh thing. It goes into the top tube by the head tube and out by the shock.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Removing a Reverb hose from a frame.. will it need bleeding after?’ is closed to new replies.