Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Removing a platform on CB Smartys.
  • smoggy
    Free Member

I'm looking at buying some of the above and have heard that you can change/remove the colour of the platforms….. but can i still ride the bike with no platforms? Essentially just making them a normal "egg beater"
    Answers on a postcard etc!

🙂

IdleJon

Don't worry about it. Being a CB product it'll just fall off sooner rather than later……

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Wot he ^ said. Just ride it and eventually, at the furthest point away from your home / car, the body of the pedal will effortlessly detach itself from the axle in under 1 second

smoggy
    Free Member

Yeah i know they have their issues but i've has a set of eggbeaters for a couupl of years with no issues……….I'm a believer!

Anyone else (with faith in CB):)

dougieb
    Free Member

I would avoid CB smartys – had a set and had to bin that after 6 monts due to them have seized solid (couldn't be bothered servicing). Been running Shimano m520's since and they have been faultless despite being neglected.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I've got 2 sets of them, quite like them in fact. I've had no problems thus far (bar not being able to get them off because you can't use a pedal spanner!) when / if they break I think I'll try some "proper" eggbeaters though…

and to answer the question:
    its not the whole platform that comes off, just a "bumper" around the edge so that you can change the colour of some of it
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13013
    its the grey bit that comes off on the black and grey pedals, and the black bit on the black and blue ones.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Removing a platform on CB Smartys.’ is closed to new replies.