Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Removing a Fox Shock
  • damo2576
    Free Member

Hi,
    I need to remove a Fox RP23.
    Can I just undo the bolts and remove? Or do I have to let pressure out or anything?
    Will it extend when removed and be an ass to get back in?
    Thanks

mudmonster
    Free Member

I let the pressure out. After I service the spring it’s impossible to compress it enough again to engage the threads on the sleeve. I have to put it back in the frame and use the whole frame to compress the shock.

damo2576
    Free Member

Hmm.
    I only neet to remove it to slip a brake hose into a guide which is between the Fox mounting point.
    Was hoping i could just undo the top bolts, move the shock out the way and slip the cable back in.
    But dont want to do if its going to be a real pain..

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Just remove the bolt or bolts and replace.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Guess when you loosen the nut the bolt will be hard to push out if the shock is trying to extend. If it isn’t trying to extend it should come out easily. I’ve always let the air out.

damo2576
    Free Member

May just zip tie the hose to the bracket – not sure I fancy a whole day of trying to fix the shock back…

GSuperstar
    Free Member

I never let the air out and never had a problem. Removed it countless times.

Shorty121
    Free Member

It only takes about 2 minutes

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Don’t let the air out… Mudmonster is just making things difficult for himself. Plus it takes ages to reinflate a shock from empty.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Yep – just take the bolt out and move it. You don’t need to let the air out.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yep- don’t let any ait out at all doesn’t make any difference what so ever, just unscrew both bolts as its a bolt thought fitting and just hold the frame so it doesn’t drop and ruin your paintwork and it comes straight out no problems 🙂

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

ait= air * lol

lipseal
    Free Member

damo2576
    Free Member

Ok will do it without letting air out, seem like i just undo the bolts, drop the shock and put back, no trouble.
    Thanks!

mudmonster
    Free Member

I always make things difficult for myself:)

damo2576
    Free Member

FYI it was a piece of cake, no need to let air out, just drop shock out and back in easy.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Removing a Fox Shock’ is closed to new replies.