Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • remote seatposts
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=25014

ok this one and other similar designs all seem to have the same problems with the 'seals' and having to 'strip' them down often and 'oiling/servicing' very regularly and have probs with the actual post slipping down whilst riding…. etc… i really wanted one of these a while back , why cant the manufactures sort out these problems…there just seems to many things that go wrong with them ?

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

Mine is secure and never slips down

GSuperstar
    Free Member

I've been in the same boat and upon researching it seems for every good review there seems to be a bad one also.

Completely agree, i participate in other sports and it does seem as if Mountain Bikers as a whole put up with 'borderline faulty' products more than the norm.

2pure
    Free Member

Hi Elaine,

The Joplin 3 is now discontinued. The all new Joplin 4 tracks on dual guide blocks and has improved sealing over the original version – as well as an extra inch of drop.

Thanks

ran@2pure

supinerider
    Free Member

Rock Shox are apparently going to show one off at the Sea Otter Classic in mid April. Probably worth waiting for.

Otherwise the 2010 Pure Racing/Kind Shock i900/i950 seems to be getting decent reviews from mags and consumers alike. 5" of travel seems ideal when I measure how much I tend to lower my seatpost by.

The fact that I don't use a QR makes these all the more appealing. 😳

elaineanne
    Free Member

2pure : your answer sound abit more appealing. !..
    another question tho…. as im only a 5ft small rider would this seatpost be ok for me ? just that i dont have my 'seatpost' that high anyway compared to other riders who i normally see with a seatpost quite high up there backside (lol)….. my legs are only short you see…lol think i need stretching…..lol

Junkyard
    Free Member

as long as your seatpost is out more than the drop + 1 inch you will be fione.
    That is a 4 inch drop seatpost will require 5 inch of pose out.
    You may get away with slightly less if you had to

pedalhead
    Free Member

The term "not fit for purpose" rather strikes me as applying to my 2009 Pure Racing i900. Seals…if you can call them that…are utterly insufficient for any kind of wet weather riding. Mine's going back under warranty & I'm hoping for 2010 internals as I've heard they're better, but will believe it when I see it.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

you dont need one mum, get a thompson seat post and a good nice holding seat clamp thats strong enough and thats going to last a while and uve cracked it

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

not literally cracked it you know what i mean ;p

duir
    Free Member

The gravity dropper is thought by many to be the best out there. While other makers went out of their way to make things pretty and complicated, GD made there's reliable. They are so simple it's silly, very easy to repair, have great customer service and best of all…….they work!

kimbers

and the gravity dropper is available in 27.2, which is nice if you dont have a large seat tube!

also gd are now doing an ibeam one to save some weight

stumpyjon

If you want one get one, I've had the one you linked to for a year now, one half hearted clean when it got slightly sticky in the summer is all the dedicated maintenance it's needed. If you're the sort who doesn't clean your bike after a ride then maybe you'll have problems. Seeing the state of some of my mates bikes I'm not surprised stuff fails 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘remote seatposts’ is closed to new replies.