Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Remote lockout for rockshox recon rl gold…?
  • burko73

Hi there

I’ve got recon rl golds 120mm on my genesis latitude. i can lockout the fork at the top of the right side fork leg by dialing the compression up to lock.

Can i retrofit a pushloc/ poploc?

what do i need?

which one is the best (will fit)?

where is the best place to get it from?

Sorry for all the questions….looking forward to some answers…

mlucas666
    Free Member

Yes, you can add a remote to your forks. You can get ‘upgrade’ kits to replace the damper unit.

In think CRC were selling them for 60-70ish quid but you could probably get them from either LoCo or TF Tuned.

But can i offer three words of advice: Don’t Do It!

I have recently switched from Recon Gold RLs with crown compression adjustment to Rebas with a remote and I hate it! You don’t realise how useful compression adjustment is until its gone and the standard poploc remote levers are made of cheese so expect it to fail at some point.

It you decide to switch however, make sure you get the right kit for the Golds as the Recon silver forks use steel stanchions with a different inner diameter.

burko73

any other info on this…? can you not get the adjustable compression kit lever now for the recons?

nano
    Free Member

Mrs Nano has them on her Gold TKs so suppose its possible to do

warpcow
    Free Member

burko73 – Member
    any other info on this…? can you not get the adjustable compression kit lever now for the recons?

There is no other info than what mlucas already said: you just need a kit which includes the appropriate damper-cartridge and remote. You can almost certainly fit a poplock adjust, but you’ll need to speak to the people who sell that kind of thing.

I also echo mlucas’ “Don’t Do It!” though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Remote lockout for rockshox recon rl gold…?’ is closed to new replies.