Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Remember the fuel filter i was going to change..(56 reg fiesta)…
  • waihiboy
    Free Member

To all those that gave advice previously

I did it this morning, filled the new filter with diesel.

Fired the car up, starterd first time. Pat on back, went for a cuppa.

An hour later went to take it for a run, wouldn’t start first time, nearly did but didn’t fire. Didn’t over turn it, turned off then tried second time, it fired up.fine.

Went for 10 mile run, car ran fine, pulls well etc.

Came home, turned engine off, left it for 30 seconds, went to fire it up again wouldn’t start again. Left it few seconds, tried again starterd fine.

Any ideas? I assume.after a 10mile run the fuel should have made is way round the system.

Another thing I have noticed, could be paranoia and it could have been there before. When the engine is turned off there is a whirring noise for about 10-15 secs then silence. The noise come from the left driver side when looking at the car.

Cheers for any ideas.

nickjb
    Free Member

Whirring is pretty normal. As for the starting it sounds like it could be a small leak letting a bit of air in.

trail_rat
    Free Member

has the filter casing oring been changed – did you remove the old one first – common one is folks fit the new one without noticing the old one sitting down in the casing.

are the inlet and outlet pipes damaged from when the cap came off ? (im assuming its like the 1.6HDI engine filter housing)

is the clip on correctly – ie the two bits come together and the C shape of the clip should sandwith both sides the whole way round before the ratchet clips together.

waihiboy
    Free Member

Cheers folks…

When you say filter o ring, I assume you mean the o ring that’s on the heater module you take off old filter and fit to new?

I think it had two red/orange o rings… But ill get older filter out of bin later!

Both pipes defo ‘clicked’ back in place, I took my tike doing it as so paranoid. But will.double check

Ps. Yes exact. Same filter as pug hdi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Remember the fuel filter i was going to change..(56 reg fiesta)…’ is closed to new replies.