Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Remember that Tesco bicycle ad with the forks fitted on backwards?…
  • orena45

…Argos are at it now!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

This very second someone pushed their bike past my window with their forks on backwards. How can you not notice?? whats the etiquette with this – do you point it out?

wwaswas

I have done on kids bikes, with adults I tend to not.

tinsy
    Free Member

We notice because it sticks out like a sore thumb to us, “normal” people dont have a clue about that sort of thing..

I went to a boot sale and stopped a kid riding about with his forks back to front, everytime he turned it swiped his feet off the pedals, so I twisted em around for him.. 2 mins later there was a bloke selling new (crap) bikes and one of his proudly displayed a pair of forks back to front.. Yes you should say something its a bit dangerous.

theflatboy
    Free Member

it looks so dangerous, though, with that shorter wheel base and **** centre of gravity. looks like they’re going to go over the bars just by thinking about it.

i saw a case the other day and debated whether to mention it. saw her stopped at some lights just up the road so felt obliged to…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

A standing joke with one of my riding mates is that he turned up to his first ride with us, on a shiny new XT-equipped Zaskar with his Rebas pointing the wrong way. No, we didn’t let him ride any further until it was sorted….

Poor chap gets no end of stick about it, but he’s turned into a decent rider!

nickc

Makes very little difference if you’re just pootling along the pavement to the shops. At least they’re cycling…

SteveTheBarbarian
    Free Member

Been plenty of pics on here taken by forum members – where the bike is upside down!

tinsy
    Free Member

It could, if the wheel isnt in too tight force the wheel out when you brake..

barney
    Free Member

Tinsy – isn’t it more likely to force the wheel *in*?

With disc brakes, at any rate. You may have a point with Vs.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I heard it leads to the bike instantaneously turning into a huge fireball.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Forks on backwards just feels a bit odd and twitchy steering, as mentioned most wont notice on a tootle to the shops. I have wondered if I should staple a note to one that gets parked locally like that though.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Remember that Tesco bicycle ad with the forks fitted on backwards?…’ is closed to new replies.