Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Remedy 9 frame 2009
  • Jeffus
    Free Member

Just bought a Remedy 9 frame of the bay , waiting for it to arrive,

I have some Float 36’s for it, bought it on impulse , from what I’ve read they do ride well, any one have one , how do they ride? what sort of weight will they build to, Hope Hoops Flows and some XT parts, Hope M4’s, 2.35 Minions to go on 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

Ask Chicken…..you really can’t help yourself Mr M!!!

Jeffus
    Free Member

Oh yes I forgot he has a stealth Remedy ,

You know me so well, I’m going to strip my 36’s and take out the spacer bring the travel back up to 160mm, hope I don’t nip the O – Ring again 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dobiejessmo
    Free Member

They ride great had a 2009 one for two years.Mine was about 32 pounds.Had Lyrics on it.Very relaxed geometry.They can feel abit big in tight wooded singletrack.They ride best when they are pushed hard.Jump great and awesome when pointed downhill.Climb well great over rocky climbs.Enjoy.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Thanks dobiejessmo for the feedback, sounds like a fun bike,

I’m going 1 x 9, hoping a chain device e-13 srs will go on ok with an

adapter, not keen on the adapters , chain line always seems slightly off,

😀

TractorFrog
    Free Member

I’ve got a Remedy 9, built up to about 31 lb. Really good to push the limits on, but you might find that it blows through the rear shock easy (if your running a RP23)

Jeffus
    Free Member

TractorFrog, I always seem to have trouble with blowing through travel with RP23, running a Van R at the moment on my 5, Frame arrives tomorrow so hopefully have it built for Saturday, it is coming with an RP23, maybe a tune by TFT will help. I will have a Float 36 upfront what are you running?

TractorFrog
    Free Member

I’ve got a Van RC on my Alpine 160 and I wish it was the same size shock so i could try it, but mainly use the Remedy for XC type riding, with the Alpine being more FR/DH so its not a big deal. A Push tune from TF would help with blowing through the shock, or a Ghetto custom aircan mod using a 1.2mm inner tube on the inside on the aircan (Google it, think its on a MTBR forum about a Turner 5 Spot with the same issue)

I also have Float 36 RC2 up front, just had them serviced at Mojo and they compliment the RP23 quiet well.

Jeffus
    Free Member

How does your Alpine feel in comparison to the Remedy ?

TractorFrog
    Free Member

I cracked my Remedy and i was without it for 3 week, so i had to ride the Alpine everywhere. It pedaled really nice and in my head i felt i could give the Alpine ALOT more punishment than the Remedy, This might be because the Remedy has thin walls and the Alpine is box section and the Alpine is quieter but i recently do W2 @ Afan and came back down Skyline decent (its quite rough) and i rode the Remedy like i had just stole it and it was great and survived to be ridden another day (15st+ Rider)

The Bikes are setup worlds apart and i get comments that why have i got 2 bikes so similar but there not.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Thanks TractorFrog, sounds great, I’m 15st+ in my gear 😀

I have a 5 at the moment and thought the Remedy would be a good ride to have in a slightly burlier build , pretty much as you have with the Alpine
    similar travel,but different build makes a difference in my mind.

DeeW
    Free Member

I’ve had a 2009 Remedy 9, now a 2010 (replaced under warranty due to bubbling paint).

Great bikes, feel really plush and suck up the rough stuff, yet pedal fantastically too. I was really impressed by it’s lateral stiffness too (coming off a Patriot with 10mm rear axle).

As said above the ’09 shocks can blow through their travel far too easily if pushed hard. I solved mine by stuffing the ‘extra’ air can on the shock with bits of cut-up Ikea tablemat. Basically just reducing the air volume so will ramp up more. Google that MTBR thread for more details.

Also vulnerable to dents on the downtube by the BB from rocks thrown up by the front wheel: you can buy carbon protectors off ebay or zip-tie a bit of old tyre there.

I’ve spent a fair bit of time lightening mine up but no idea of the finished weight. Judging by the dents and what I can see inside the BB area there’s no spare weight in the frame.

Sure you’ll love it.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Thanks DeeW , I’ll put some sort of protection on the down tube, its a 2nd hand frame, but advert said no dents or cracks , so if I cover it now should last me a while hopefully 😀 getting excited now, new project build 😆

Jeffus
    Free Member

Started my build frame looks good , head set is rough but will do til I find another,
    Float 36 RC2’s and ZTR Flows on Hope ProII’s, V1 bar and stem so far,
    Forgotten how exciting it is when you start a new build, parts bin is being raided 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Remedy 9 frame 2009’ is closed to new replies.