• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by taka.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Remedy 8 needs wheel and headset bearings…where from!
  • mike88
    Free Member

Just bought a remedy and the headset is very grindy…its a cane creek ZS-3 on a tapered headtube,
    Also the front wheel has bolt thru hub (bontrager rythm comps) need bearings aswell

Really struggling to find these bearings any one any ideas where i can get these bearings?

I will thank you very much!

The-remedy
    Free Member

Try wellingtontrek 01344874611 for headset bearings
    got a spare set used that might do.
    carl

larrythelathe
    Free Member

cane creek have a headset finder you input the bike and it tells you the right part
    you can order straight from them it takes 2/3 weeks

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mike88
    Free Member

2-3 weeks…ive just got my first full suss i wanna go ride!!

I have been on there website, found it a tad confusing. I only want the bearings which i think is the problem…aswell as the taperedness.

Thanks will give them a ring tommorow!

Wheels are gonna be a pain in the behind i imagine!

walla24
    Free Member

thought you would have learnt about buying tat from here mike!

from putting in Trek remedy 8, 2009 model, steerer tube 1 an 1/8th (so top of the tube is the same size as on your other bike??)

and if it is fatter at the bottom (crown) it is probably 1.5″

which gives you:

TOP) SHIS:ZS44 – 1-1/8″ ZeroStack (ZS) Threadless

Bottom Headset) SHIS:ZS56/40 – 1.5″ ZeroStack (ZS)

So not much use
    have a look here too?

If not (i hate saying this!) but take it to a shop! only way i got mine was by taking it to Evans…could always buy hope tapered headset… 😀

Wheels:
    this looks like a good place to start?

Sorry out of time at comp, post up a pic on FB when you get a chance, and let me know what its like…want a full susser after what i saw on a mountain round here 😀
    cheers bro!

rickon
    Free Member

Take the bearings out, Pop the rubber seals off – Silicon spray the sh1t out of them, put in new grease.

No more grindy headset. Simples.

Much cheaper.

mrmo
    Free Member

+1 for rickon, i used gt85 flushed loads of crap out of the headset bearings on my fuel, much smoother afterwards.

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

super star here bud got mine as long as your top id is 44
    lower id is 56
    Which is worse as i do have lower bearing for a few ££ ?
    Send me numbers
    SUPER STAR

mike88
    Free Member

superstar ones look good…what does the id 44mm and other measurement represent?
    It’s in a remedy frame and is a RS lyric fork if thst helps!

walla24
    Free Member

ID means internal diameter so the total distance between the two inner edges, use they fancy vernier measuring things at work

DeeW
    Free Member

That Superstar headset should fit I think.

Don’t hold me to it but I think these should fit the top of the Cane Creek:

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=61&products_id=282

These however probably won’t fit the bottom: my new Cane Creek 1.5 bearing says 36degrees x 45 degrees on it.

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=61&products_id=439

eddyesi
    Free Member

I had to get my 2010 ex headset bearings from the local dealer, if yours are the E2 steerer spec, guess its the same, thay are a cane creek one though, even though mine is an FSA headset

for the bearings you didnt search well
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bontrager-rhythm-pro-hub-bearings

taka
    Free Member

these guys are good for getting weird bearings and they do super heavy duty ones for big machines that run 24/7 i got some rear wheel bearings for my motorbike which went through the original aprillia ones like butter but so far these are still going

http://www.yell.com/b/Spen+Bearings-Bearings-Cleckheaton-BD195EJ-900333802/index.html

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Remedy 8 needs wheel and headset bearings…where from!’ is closed to new replies.