Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Relocating advice
  • shooterman

I currently live in NI and due to lack of work in my profession I am currently looking to relocate to England. I have been offered an interview next Friday in Skelmersdale.

Where are the reasonable places to rent/live within commuting distance?

cp

i'm not sure there are any 😉

will you be commuting by car or bike?

shooterman

By car.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Just dont buy a place in skem itself if you can help it, it's ermm…. Not the best area in general.

Shevington seems to be pretty nice and fairly cheap. Ormskirk isnt too bad but might be pricey. Anywhere west of there is pretty nice but increasingly expensive due to the coastal location. Somewhere like billinge or garswood are fairly close by, maybe 20 mins by car, 30-40 in rush hour as it's smaller roads or a motorway route round.

uplink
    Free Member

Don't worry

As you [or anyone else] will never manage to actually navigate yourself to the interview there – you won't get the job so no need to move there 😉

It must be the single worst town I've ever been to for managing to totally disorientate me, I'm normally very good at finding my way around places but Skem !!! – I've give up now & always take a local with me

uponthedowns
    Free Member

It must be the single worst town I've ever been to for managing to totally disorientate me,

You've never been to Swindon then?

uplink
    Free Member

You've never been to Swindon then?

I manage Swindon OK & everywhere else usually – I just gave up with Skem

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Relocating advice’ is closed to new replies.