Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Religion. I'm not buying it.
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sorry very true, with the exception of a few predators hitting top of the pile happened way before organised religion got going

slackalice
    Free Member

funkmasterp – Member
    Religion was just a way to control the masses, give them a moral framework / code of conduct, explain things we hadn’t yet figured out, a pyramid scheme and a way to frighten people. Modern religion is basically like having a mullet. It’s for people that live in the past, refuse to move on and can’t understand that what they have is now just plain silly.

That.

Capitalism is the new religion, with money as the deity. Who here worships your money? Mortgage? Salary? Loans? Credit cards? Stuff? Possessions?

Time for some self reflection kids 🙂

badnewz
    Free Member

The Big Bang (year 0) supports the Christian account of Creation, The Big Bang (year 1986) supports the Christian idea that the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.
    The Big Bang (2013-) is an increasingly mediocre TV comedy which has no bearing on these Ultimate Questions.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrWoppit
    Free Member

I don’t recall Professor Hawking supporting the idea that light existed before the means of creating it.

As far as I’m aware, “evil” (according to religion) is caused by another invisible fairy known as “satan” (or whatever local variant thereof).

Haven’t watched it.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

I’ve no time for religion. Many people get hurt by it and people excuse this oppression of others by claiming “it’s gods way.’

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Religion. I'm not buying it.’ is closed to new replies.