Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reliable affordable dropper post?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Decided it’s time to treat myself to a dropper post on my bike, I think I’m finally coming round and seeing the benefits of it! My seatpost is 30.9 and I have a stealth hole for the hose which would be nice to use if possible. I have about £150 to spend. What are my best options? A used reverb? Don’t fancy a gravity dropper as they look awful and I hear there’s some play which would drive me nuts.

mtbfix

Reverbs can often be had new for £180 or so if you’re not fussy about stealth.

Onzadog
    Free Member

The expensive ones haven’t managed consistent reliability so reliable and affordable might be a big ask.

From the other side of the coin though, the affordable ones are no less reliable.

fd3chris
    Free Member

A second hand fox doss . Might not be stealth but mine has been reliable for over two years. They are over built and seem to last forever.

1timmy1
    Free Member

My 100mm Giant Contact Switch worked well (once I had put carbon paste in it so the saddle didn’t tilt). I paid about £140 originally (new) and it is only in 30.9mm and the cable could run external or internal. I just got a KS Cruxi with a bike which already sags by 5mm and has hardly been used 🙁

prawny

I’ve had no problems with my two ks etens. I paid £90 from ze Germans. That was pre brexit though.

They do a stealth one too now

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

The Giant Contact SL on my Trance has been replaced (after 3 months use) due to sideways movement and reluctance to drop/raise with a grinding noise.

Giant kindly replaced no fuss. Next one has started to go down the same path, I’d certainly not recommend.

Before that on my previous bikes I had a reverb on each one (different years) and they both worked really well, one lasted for 2 years without me touching it once from a service point of view and probably had about 2500 miles put on it.

nickjb
    Free Member

Command post. Should get a good 2nd hand one on budget.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reliable affordable dropper post?’ is closed to new replies.