Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Relentless 24
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

Been talked into doing this as part of a team. What’s it like and will it be blimming cold?? I’ve never ridden around the area, but I am expecting it to be ace.

I’ve 24 hour soloed 3 times now so the race bit isn’t the problem. It’s the staying warm and motivated bits inbetween that worry me!!

euain

Do Strathpuffer first – then Relentless seems a lot less daunting 😉

More usefully (maybe) – I’ve done relentless a few times – some random musings…

It’s varied from a stunning sunny day and starry night to pissing rain for 24h. As with anywhere in the UK, it’s variable. It’s not been too cold on any of the occasions – positive single figures degC so when dry, very comfortable. In the wet – minging! You’re unlikely to see snow.

The Nevis range cafe stays open all night so you’ve got a warm place to grab a coffee if that’s tempting.

Camping is very limited if that’s what you’re planning. You’ll likely be pitching in the car park (gravelly surface) so plan accordingly.

Darkness – not puffer levels of dark – but you’re going to be using lights (and head torch off the bike) for a good chunk of the night. That’s probably the hardest bit for me.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Puffer is next on the hit list!!

We will be camping and also have a team gazebo. Hmmm this may cause issues 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Relentless 24’ is closed to new replies.