Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Relaxing drive out in the countryside…
  • Jamie
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snRs3iXMdTc[/video]

fasthaggis

No tasering 🙁 😉

qwerty
    Free Member

They were just having a chill out.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Nice to see the number one traveller stereotype…

Black trousers, white vest and shoes.

Caher

Community service order to clear up all fly tipping in an area for 1 year.

qwerty
    Free Member

Community service order to clear up all fly tipping in an area for 1 year.

Maybe thats what they were doing!!!

ninfan
    Free Member

Don’t know what makes you think they’re Travellers?

jambourgie
    Free Member

Black trousers, white vest and shoes.

globalti
    Free Member

Why do those lads go around collecting stuff from people’s houses then dumping it in laybys? It doesn’t make sense.

Houns

Scum

siwhite
    Free Member

I take it you haven’t met many?

Try not to be offended on behalf of others – it’s not an endearing trait…

Jamie
    Free Member

Why do people reply to ninfan? Might as well pop your old chap in a mousetrap for all the satisfaction you’ll get.

siwhite
    Free Member

On another note, the policy of local authorities charging to dispose of waste leads directly to this behaviour. It must cost far more to pick up fly tipping than have folk deliver it to your recycling facility / tip.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Good reversing skills.

Marin
    Free Member

Classic mistake. Accelerate forward instead very quickly.

zilog6128

Nice satchel! The youngling is clearly some kind of traveller/roadman hybrid. They are adapting…

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

On another note, the policy of local authorities charging to dispose of waste leads directly to this behaviour. It must cost far more to pick up fly tipping than have folk deliver it to your recycling facility / tip.

There’s certainly been a noticeable increase in dumpage round here since they put barriers at the skips to stop vans getting in…

oldnpastit

Don’t local authorities now have the power to crush vehicles used for dumping? All they need is the license plate.

myti
    Free Member

Scum

molgrips
    Free Member

That’s some nifty reversing.

ransos
    Free Member

On another note, the policy of local authorities charging to dispose of waste leads directly to this behaviour.

So you’re saying that local authorities should dispose of business waste for free? Would you be happy to pay more council tax for this?

siwhite
    Free Member

So you’re saying that local authorities should dispose of business waste for free? Would you be happy to pay more council tax for this?

Yes.

wrightyson
    Free Member

That is **** priceless when he whips him off the bonnet with the little shake. However joking aside if that had been say my wife she just wouldn’t have known what to do when tbey started approaching. Hopefully she’d have just mown them all over.

devash
    Free Member

Looks fake to me. Viral video?

Jamie
    Free Member

Looks fake to me. Viral video?

Advertising a defensive driving course?

ransos
    Free Member

Yes.

Good for you. Personally, I don’t believe that subsidising private businesses is a legitimate public service. It’s probably worth bearing in mind that household waste is about 14% of total waste generated in the UK, so I’d budget for a pretty hefty increase in your tax bill.

bigyinn
    Free Member

globalti – Member

Why do those lads go around collecting stuff from people’s houses then dumping it in laybys? It doesn’t make sense.
    People pay them to take their rubbish away to the tip, said buggers then dump it in the bushes and pocket the cash they’d have to pay out to dispose of it at the tip for commercial waste disposal.

revs1972
    Free Member

People pay them to take their rubbish away to the tip, said buggers then dump it in the bushes and pocket the cash they’d have to pay out to dispose of it at the tip for commercial waste disposal.

People pay peanuts, mostly knowing they should be paying more for a bonifide company with a waste carrier licence to take it away. (I.e the ones who dispose of it correctly)

rene59
    Free Member

devash – Member

Looks fake to me. Viral video? It looks like it. Only video on the channel, zero subscribers, it happened a year ago and why go to the effort of blurring their faces?

bikebouy
    Free Member

oldnpastit – Member
    Don’t local authorities now have the power to crush vehicles used for dumping? All they need is the license plate.

Is this true?

I caught a Transit Pickup tipping builders rubble in a lay-by in the Downs the other week.. I reported it to HCC but heard nothing about it..
    Curious to know if they’ve progressed my complaint, but they dont give “updates”

But it’s not just Builders and Travellers.. I spotted Mrs Merc throwing two large bin bags of grass cuttings into a farmers field a few weeks back, I confronted her about it and she told me to F Off and so I took her reg plate, again complained to HCC but again heard nothing..

Is it really worth the bother I ask myself? then instantly I want to punch the offenders in the eye and fill their vehicle with the crap they’ve dumped.. so I’ve answered my own question.

But we’ve ended up being the Police in situations like this.. HCC ask us/we to provide the evidence of the flytip and take photos and give locations and effectively “police” the offence, then they do sweet naff all about it. If we get involved with the offenders it ends up in both offence and possible attack situations, if you call 101 they couldn’t give a rats bottom for the information and simply state “its a HCC report you need to complete” even when you’re sitting 200mtrs down the road watching the offence occur..

I get extraordinary wound up about this behaviour, I really shouldn’t GAS like 99% of the UK but I see it all the time.. riding and running the lanes and bridleways and footpaths of the South Downs brings me in direct contact with fly tipping and dumping and it gets right up my nose…. 😈

cardo

haha bonnet surfing pikey scum bags caught on film…. its foine its foine, is that a CAMERA !!! ****

jimjam
    Free Member

Looks fake.

bearnecessities

..because? *opens snacky things*

jambourgie
    Free Member

Some massive racists on this thread. They were probably rearranging their load. To fit in some horses perhaps.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Or making room for some lead or copper that a nearby church doesn’t need.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

I’m frequently logging incidents of flytipping using the FixMyStreet android app.

Ensure your gps is on, open the application, let it locate you, take photos, add brief description, send report.

You then need to open an email and press confirm to acknowledge you’d like it sent to the appropriate council and they do usually deal with it in my experiences.

It takes two to three minutes which is nothing really. Cars just drive by but cyclists can easily stop at the pace we go.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Its 80quid in landfill tax per tonne alone before you factor in charges and transport. Thats before landfill charges and ferrying it all over the place.

It may cost more to pick up the flytipping than it would to put the ply tippings into the dump for free but you also miss out on the revenue of all the legitimate companies who do pay what they are meant to who suddenly dont have to.

So pick up the flytippings but get income from legitimate commercial waste or pay for all the businesses to dump for free…

Rorschach
    Free Member

I was riding home over the moors one summer evening and stumbled across white van man emptying the contents of said van onto the side of the road.I stood right behind him unnoticed till he’d emptied the lot.He got all shouty ‘whatyagonnadoboutit’ (being a shaved head/beardy/6’3″ lump helps occasionally).Not having a camera…or camera phone with me he did have a point.What I did have was an uneaten chocolate flapjack bar in my back pocket……so I started taking ‘photos’ with that instead.Quietly making my own ‘click’ noises periodically.
    It took him a good 15 minutes (swearing continually) to load it all back in.
    There is a recycling centre 5 minute drive away…and they will take anything,even from obviously commercial vans!!

user-removed
    Free Member

I spotted Mrs Merc throwing two large bin bags of grass cuttings into a farmers field a few weeks back

Erm… I’m pretty sure that’s not really fly-tipping tbh, unless she included the bin bags?…

It’s a massive problem in NE England (where I’ve just escaped from). Every single bridleway and layby is fair game.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It was in the bags, I wouldn’t have cared much if she tipped the cuttings out in the verge..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Relaxing drive out in the countryside…’ is closed to new replies.