Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 'Related' trail centres.
  • colournoise

Was just reading a couple of ‘What trail centre?’ threads and got to thinking about the ones I like and the ones I enjoyed less.

Whinlatter is one of my favourites and for my sins I like Cannock too – I believe these were both designed by the same guy/team (Clixbys)?

CYB and Penmachno I find a tad ‘bitty’ and lacking in flow with a reliance on fireroads – both (among others) were developed by Dafydd Davis?

So, which other UK centres are ‘related’ by way of their trail designer(s)? Might help me and others to decide on the next few to add to the list to visit.

slainte ❓ rob

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

GT and Inners?
    Both can be ridden flat out, off the brakes and on sight, even the corners seem to have big enough banks on the entry that speed is related to testicular fortitude rather than grip.

Keilder I found a bit lacking, Dalby is like a worn out keilder (and therefore fun).

For some reason I think Cannock and Llandegla are similar, abeit with a bigger hill and jumps at the former, braking bumps at the later.

Bessides, trail centers are for random sorties, I’d always plan to do natural loops as they’re almost always more fun.

creamegg
    Free Member

Cwmcarn and Brechfa- Rowan Sorrel I think. There are prob others by him too

wrecker
    Free Member

Bigger jumps and hill at Cannock? Might have to give Llandegla a miss….

grum
    Free Member

The NFT in Grizedale was designed by Russell Burton – I think the trails at Afan and Cwmcarn were too.

peachos
    Free Member

creamegg – Member
    Cwmcarn and Brechfa- Rowan Sorrel I think. There are prob others by him too

think he built cwm rhaeadr too, which is frickin ace!!!!

chakaping
    Free Member

I always think Penmachno is like a little brother to Kirroughtree.

No official relation that I’m aware of though.

kayak23

Yeah Rowen Sorrell builds great trails, although I always feel they could use a few more kickers and cheeky little jumps for the more advanced riders, but thats true of all these trail centres.

Heading to the latest Welsh centre on Sunday so looking forward to that. See how the hardtail likes all those rocks.. 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bigger jumps and hill at Cannock? Might have to give Llandegla a miss….

Ooops, wrote that the wrong way round

Northwind

colournoise – Member

So, which other UK centres are ‘related’ by way of their trail designer(s)? Might help me and others to decide on the next few to add to the list to visit.

This doesn’t neccesarily work… Frinstance older Glentress and Golspie are both Pete Laing and they’re very different.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

The NFT in Grizedale was designed by Russell Burtonsomeone with an unhealthy love for fireroads

FTFY grum 😉

In all seriousness, the singletrack sections at Grizedale I think are superb. Its just all the fireroad that links them that really lets it down.

maccruiskeen

Mabie, as it used to be, and drumlanrigg as it is.

rocketman
    Free Member

I believe these were both designed by the same guy/team (Clixbys)?

I understand Hugh Clixby was contracted to do the Tacks Blast section at Cannock but the rest of it is the work of Chase Trails.

Clixby has also done work at Dalby as well as Whinlatter

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Clixbys did Gisburn too I think?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘'Related' trail centres.’ is closed to new replies.