Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Rejoice – THERE IS A GOD/ALLAH/JEHOVAH/BUDDAH/CANTONA etc
  • jon1973
    Free Member

ALL CAPS? there is a God?

does it really bother / affect you that much?

5thElefant
    Free Member

does it really bother / affect you that much?

You've obviously never sat next to a pie muncher on a plane.

jon1973
    Free Member

You've obviously never sat next to a pie muncher on a plane.

no, but I've sat next to my fair share of ugly, smelly people who won't shut the **** up – what are the airlines going to do about them?

But, I agree – go for the easy target.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Ugly, smelly people who won't shut the **** up don't overflow into your lap. But yes, they should stick to buses.

GrahamS

Can't see Buddha being happy about that to be honest!

iDave
    Free Member

you can ask someone to shut up and they can shut up. if you ask someone not to spill their fat mass onto your seat, they can't comply cos they have big bones/genes/glands.

Coyote
    Free Member

<settles down with cuppa>

ton

on a flight back from benidorm with my wife, i was sat on the isle, my wife next to me, and a middleaged bloke next to her.
    after takeoff he got out the ft newspaper, and started to read it, it is a big newspaper. it was interfereing with my wifes comfort.
    we put up with this for 20 minutes.
    i asked him if he minded putting the paper away.
    his reply was, 'i have paid for my seat, i will do what i want'. i asked a stewardess to have a word with him, to who he was very offhand and gave the same reply.
    i then ripped the paper from his hands and tore it up in front of everyone.
    and i might add, i got a round of applause from half the plane who were watching the carry on.

jon1973
    Free Member

I don't really fly much. I go out of my way in fact not to fly because the whole experiance is pretty unpleasant. So I really don't care what airlines do, how much tax and security measures they implement.

There just seems to be a recent trend of abusing fat people when there are plenty of unpleasant people around that would be more deserving of peoples hatred. I don't know why – I think it's just a way of feeling superior to someone else. There but for the grace of God etc. etc.

zokes
    Free Member

If I have to pay £30 or whatever per extra kilo I put in my suitcase, they should have to pay for every kilo over the 'overweight' range of BMI…

Dougal
    Free Member

I've been waiting years for fatties to have to pay extra to fly. IMO they should have a weight-graded pricing system, where heavier people pay more to compensate for the extra fuel needed to haul their fat asses skywards.

My other (favourite) option is you get a set weight limit for everything; you + luggage. Hell, I could fly with my bike for the weight of the average UK person alone.

While I realise that we don't want to encourage crash-dieting caused by passengers attempting to make cutoffs, it could definitely be beneficial all round.

Have I told you about my belly tax where larger people are made to pay for the extra CO2, medical costs and scenery ruining visuals they impose on the rest of us? 😉

Disclosure: I'm 59kg despite eating like a horse. Always have been.

iDave
    Free Member

i'll try that ton, though tearing 5 stone off someone might be harder

tiggs121
    Free Member

I assume all overweight pilots/cabin crew will have to seek alternative employment?

Noisy f****rs are more of a hassle as are the numbskulls who applaud when the plane lands! WTF is that all about?

GrahamS

I'm 59kg despite eating like a horse

Well if you're over 5'10" then you are clinically underweight and as likely to incur medical costs as a fatty. 😛

Jerome
    Free Member

There is always applause when I fly into eastern Europe.
    I love it and join in enthuisastically.
    Always seems to start a bit too early though, just as the wheels touch which is the dangerous bit.
    I think it should be encouraged, breaks the silence, finishes the trip off…

5thElefant
    Free Member

Well if you're over 5'10" then you are clinically underweight and as likely to incur medical costs as a fatty.

I'd rather sit next to him (and his worms) than a fatty.

GrahamS

The fatties in question, in the article, are the ones that book two adjacent seats for comfort. I've no problem sitting next to that – loads of room, unless they are a proper Jabba.

ton

i have to say skinny boney thin tall people repulse me.
    i look at them and i find myself wretching……….seriously.
    they remind me of death camp victims….why would someone choose to look like a skeleton……….seriously.

jon1973
    Free Member

I've been waiting years for fatties to have to pay extra to fly

Not all people who are above the average are fat though. You can have a big frame with no fat and weigh a lot more than average. Bone and muscle weight a lot more than fat.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I've never had such a problem in business class…

8)

leggyblonde
    Free Member

would they stop chris hoy/ jonah lomuh types?

Proper lazy fatties annoy me, but I don't think large fittish people should be penalised. In an emergency I'd prefer to be with a 20st tough guy than an 8st model. I know who I'd prefer to sit next to on a plane though 🙂

GrahamS

In an emergency I'd prefer to be with a 20st tough guy than an 8st model.

Depends on the emergency.

If you're marooned on a desert island then there is more eating on the tough guy, but he's more likely to eat you. 😀

dickydutch

Why should fat people get a discount to buy a seat next to them? I dont understand that logic. If I want to buy a seat next to me for my girlfriend, I have to pay full price. Make the fatties pay!

GrahamS

Why should fat people get a discount to buy a seat next to them? I dont understand that logic.

Because regardless of the seats occupied there is still only ONE person – so only one person to check in, pass through security, pay airport tax, board onto the plane and serve food to.

eth3er
    Free Member

The frothing at the mouth disdain displayed in this place sometimes!

Junkyard
    Free Member

TON

i might add, i got a round of applause from half the plane who were watching the carry on.

Appluads also

i have to say skinny boney thin tall people repulse me.
    i look at them and i find myself wretching……….seriously

hangs head goes off to eat more cake 😉

ton

johnnie, i said 'TALL'…………… 🙄 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

ROFLMA – nice retort sir nice retort 😆

Flaperon

I once had to sit next to someone who was so monumentally fat she overflowed the armrest between the seats.

epicyclo

Rather than pick on the fatties – and I have had the miserable experience of being wedged next to one on a long haul flight – we should be agitating for proper sized seats and legroom on planes.

The existing seats give next to no space for an average sized person, so I'd hate to be a fat person trying to fit one.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It's still just an option for them though, isn't it? It's not mandatory, yet.

Why not go a step further and just ban them all from travelling to sunnier climates? I don't want to sit next to them on the flight and I don't want to see them on the beach.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

as a "fatty" (although not fat enough to warrant a second seat) i would also like the following to have to pay extra to fly:

kids
    mothers who think it's their god given right to sit wherever they want because they were too dumb to book a seat next to their kid (see 1)
    loudmouth business types talking about business
    drunk council scum going to MAJORCA
    people with no sense of personal space
    smelly folks
    snorers
    shoe/pant bombers
    EXTREME types talking endlessly about EXTREME things
    people with sharp elbows
    people who refuse to stop using their mobiles/laptops etc when they're told to

and breath

dickydutch

GrahamS – Member

Why should fat people get a discount to buy a seat next to them? I dont understand that logic.

Because regardless of the seats occupied there is still only ONE person – so only one person to check in, pass through security, pay airport tax, board onto the plane and serve food to.

If it was my airline, I'd be charging as if it were two people sitting there. They're not going to be able to recoup costs by selling half a seat to somebody. Surely they'd be better off selling it at full price, for the minimal costs involved in feeding one person, checking one person in, boarding one person etc etc?

leggyblonde
    Free Member

do you mean you want to charge people with bad breath? 😉

dickydutch

BobbaFatt – I agree.

anonymouse
    Free Member

He said Jehovah!

julianwilson
    Free Member

…and he said Cantona! Avé!

Dougal
    Free Member

I assume all overweight pilots/cabin crew will have to seek alternative employment?

India Air did this recently: http://www.ukmedix.com/weight-loss/weight%20loss-indian%20airlines.cfm

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Rejoice – THERE IS A GOD/ALLAH/JEHOVAH/BUDDAH/CANTONA etc’ is closed to new replies.