Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Regular night rides around Winter Hill/Rivington?
  • easygirl

lowey,
    they are my hills, all mine
    walking and riding them most of my life and im 49 now, so get behind me you wippersnapper

izakimak
    Free Member

Race down, neck a pint,Rigid SS back up, loser gets ridiculed for being a girl, winner gets to rest on his laurels and bragging right's. 😈

zokes
    Free Member

Ah, another contender – the tension mounts…..

wors
    izakimak
    Free Member

😯 'shakes head and sighs' Some people.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Nice of you to send it to his wife as well.

lowey

My time will come. Anyway, I'm not pitching against KKF in ANY kind of contest that involves riding a bike. Have you seen the fookers thighs ??

Easygirl, I'm prepared to let you have Healy Nab, but thats it.

yoshimi

Easygirl, I'm prepared to let you have Healy Nab, but thats it

Hold on a minute, thats my back garden youre talking about 👿

yoshimi

trio25 – Member
    You would be fine riding with me, I am pretty slow!

I read your blog, one word Hardcore 😯

zokes
    Free Member

May suggest some sort of splitting of the land? As I grew up in Horwich, I get up to the pike, and the cool cheeky bits in the Japanese Gardens, and the ICR. Lowey, you can have The Pike and Winter hill; Easygirl can have Darwen Moor, and Yoshimi can keep Healy Nab. Great Hill is shared access…..

Clearly splitting things can have issues (cf Berlin), but I'm sure we can make it work!

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

I was born in a room overlooking Anglezarke Reservoir. Can I have a bit please?

zokes
    Free Member

I'm sure we can come to some arrangement….

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Hey, not so fast, I claim my bit too.
    Though I've now migrated North a bit, I spend ten years in Horwich looking out my window at that Pike.
    I want the climb up from the school to the gardens and the Wilderswood tracks.

binners

I've been threatening to go riding round Rivi with Lowey for 17 years now. Still not managed it. I can only conclude that he's as much of a disorganised ****-wit as me.

And while we're on the subject of ownership, I think you'll find that the …ahem… singletrack…. at the bottom of the ice cream run is mine.

So GET ORF MY LAAAAND!!!

GavinB

There's no way you're having the Wilderswood tracks – I've planted a flag in there any everything. Mine now.

You could make a formal complaint to the UN Security Council, but I doubt they'd intervene 🙂

@Gibbo & Kingkongfingers: Great ride last night, thanks for letting me join you. Nice and quick, but not silly fast. And yes, that descent down to White Coppice was NICE!

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Got me thinking about how many times we must all pass each other on the moors anonamously.
    A guess the best clue is whenever you here someone say " are those them bastid lights?"

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

We must pass each other regularly, but how often do we stop other than at a gate. All we give/get is a nod of the head as we cross. There used to be a guy on here who made a point of not speaking to anyone. He even rode straight past a guy with a mechanical without enquiring if any help was needed. Mind you he did ride an On One singlespeed.

(He might still be on here under a new name, after he got shamed away.)

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Regular night rides around Winter Hill/Rivington?’ is closed to new replies.