Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • rego alternatives
  • lakesrider
    Free Member

Any reasonably priced alternatives to Rego that people reccommend? I find rego works well but just fancied a change see if any other products are nicer and less fart producing for similar price!

njee20
    Free Member

High 5 Protein Recovery is much nicer IMO, not sure if it's cheaper.

Maximuscle RecoverMax or Cyclone are also very palatable, but probably more expensive than Rego.

Chocolate milkshake?

cp

banana, nesquik, pint of milk.

lakesrider
    Free Member

trouble with chocolate milkshake is i'll just drink it way before i've even done any riding! At least with the slightly odd taste of rego etc i'm not tempted to have them until the end!

druidh
    Free Member

Torq do a nice recovery shake powder. My favourite is Strawberry Cream flavour.

dobo
    Free Member

after extensive scientific tests, yea right.. i find that choc milkshake works as well as anything on most of my normal rides, its only when i do a hard race or a long hilly day ride that i find torq makes me feel a little better, still could be placebo though. in anycase the number 1 thing for feeling better is proper hydration before during and after.

simondbarnes

Rego rapid.

DaveGr
    Free Member

Haven't tried it yet but carbohydrate drink with Whey protein mixed in with it. Allows you to mix and match the ratio of carb to protein and cheaper than buying an all in one. If you time it right then Holland & barret have a half price sale on the whey protein powder and you can stock up 😀

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Milk.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

High 5 recovery is good.
    Chocolate and Summer fruits both really tasty.

allthepies
    Free Member

50g maltodextrin powder
    25g protein powder (I use Soya stuff from Holland and Barrett)
    25g fructose (availble in the sugar section of Asda/Sainsburys)

Shake it all up in 750ml water, add a dash of squash to taste and down it immediately after a long ride.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘rego alternatives’ is closed to new replies.