Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Registration for the QECP Gravity Enduro is now LIVE!
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

QECP Trail Collective Gravity Enduro, Entry fees go towards improving the trails, Only 150 spaces. 🙂

http://www.qecptrailcollective.co.uk/2013/03/registration-for-the-qecp-gravity-enduro-is-now-li

edoverheels
    Free Member

Just signed up, thanks for the notice. Will now try and bully some friends in to forming a team.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Its all about racing your mates 😉

slackalice
    Free Member

In a mad rush of blood to the head, thanks in part to Transcendence on sound cloud …. I’m also in!

Ive never done anything like this before, so I’ll be the one looking slightly bewildered and lost!! 😯

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well done lads.

SingleSpeed ok?

scottfitz
    Free Member

singlespeed FTW bikebouy 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Woohoo, first enduro ever for me, put some hills in it, ta.. 😆

40mpg

I’m in, too, Sounds fun.

Er, what is a gravity enduro exactly? (seriously, I’d appreciate an explanation)

OwenP

Would that be on SUNDAY, 21st JULY by any chance? 😉

Will look to make it to race (holiday decision allowing!) and looking forward to riding some fresh new trails on the day.

DrP

Difference between pro and sport please…?
    If the answer is obvious, forgive me!

DrP

scottfitz
    Free Member

DrP its on the events tab on the BC sign on.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Gravity enduro- ride to the top of the hill and your own pace, then ride the timed stages as fast as you can. its a lot like a ride with your mates but the fun bits are timed.

DrP

Ah, was looking in the wrong place! It is as obvious as it seems!

DrP

timnwild

WHich category for first-time enduro types?

Lummox

I’m in – think I signed up for the fun category as its my first enduro/race

scottfitz
    Free Member

First timers in fun cat 🙂

scottfitz
    Free Member

Just found this the last gravity enduro i did: http://www.mbr.co.uk/news/grass-roots-racing-finale/
    , the worst thing about being the event orgnizer is you can’t race 🙁

iridebikes
    Free Member

How tough are the tracks?

iridebikes
    Free Member

Compared to say aston hill or forest of dean downhill tracks?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Easier but Bit like the red XC Downhill bit at Aston.
    Like natural trail centre red trail level.

scottfitz
    Free Member

It won’t be on any of there trails but it gives you a idea of the area. This is the red trail at QECP: http://www.pinkbike.com/video/255358/

DrP

All signed up 🙂

DrP

Edit – Scott, that looks like ‘the gulley’ at swinley….last time I was there, it was deep thick mud!

benmotogp46
    Free Member

That sucks that you’re not racing Scott. You’ll have to make a Strava section and post a time prior to the event to see where you might have ended up…..

davosaurusrex

Me and a mate signed up too. Neither of us have raced before but it was his stupid idea to enter sport cat….what could possibly go wrong?!

scottfitz
    Free Member

Edit – Scott, that looks like ‘the gulley’ at swinley….last time I was there, it was deep thick mud!

Yep it was the final round of the Enduro 1 series at swinley. We won the team Cat, hope to do some more Enduro ones this year. It was good fun carlos is doing a great job with the enduro 1 races.

scottfitz
    Free Member

That sucks that you’re not racing Scott. You’ll have to make a Strava section and post a time prior to the event to see where you might have ended up…..

I will be testing the tracks for timing, flow and all round fun, so its nort to bed 😉

scottfitz
    Free Member

Me and a mate signed up too. Neither of us have raced before but it was his stupid idea to enter sport cat….what could possibly go wrong?!

If anyone wants to ride with there mates pop me an email and i will put your start times together, Unless there alot faster than you.

davosaurusrex

Cheers Scott, we’re similarly useless so that would be good. I didn’t bother to put us down in a ‘team’ on the BC website, should I have done? Email sent anyhow

eightyeight
    Free Member

All the catgories do the same route right? Thinking of entering the ‘fun’ category, but don’t want to miss out of anything involved in the ‘Sport’.

Def going to enter, the sister lives in Chichester. It’s, what, only a 6 hour drive from Manchester….

edoverheels
    Free Member

I was about to ask whether we could arrange start times to be close to friends. So will send an email. We are different standards but not taking it too seriously. Well done for organising.

scottfitz
    Free Member

All the catgories do the same route right? Thinking of entering the ‘fun’ category, but don’t want to miss out of anything involved in the ‘Sport’.

Def going to enter, the sister lives in Chichester. It’s, what, only a 6 hour drive from Manchester….

Yep same route just means you start similar times to people with similar skill level and there not to much over taking etc…

DrP

Dave – you’ll have to come out a few times over the Downs now, for some training… 😉

DrP

scottfitz
    Free Member

Cheers Scott, we’re similarly useless so that would be good. I didn’t bother to put us down in a ‘team’ on the BC website, should I have done? Email sent anyhow

Unless you want a team name, No.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nice vid ^^

However….
    Accelerating out of berms and turns..

Oooohhhhh noooooo, we can’t have that now can we.

davosaurusrex

DrP – yeah that had occurred to me but we’ve got 3 kids inder the age of 5 and the older 2 go to bed at 7 so the start time doesn’t work for me at the moment. Group of us meet at 7.30 outside the Broadwater on Thursdays, you’re always welcome to join us too. Hoping to get out at half 7 tonight so I’ll look out for you, what are you riding?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Update:
    So far we have 102 signed up

FUN 43
    PRO 3
    SPORT 55
    U18 0
    WOMEN 1

If anyone’s wives, girlfriends, sisters, lady friends etc… Want to sign up at the moment the will be guaranteed a prize.

Same if there are any son’s, daughters, nephews etc… Want to enter the u18 they are all guaranteed a prize to the moment.

I know all of the Pro’s and it’s going to be a close one for the top spot!!

DrP

Dave – couldn’t make the ride last night – the trouble being a working couple with a young’un…!

Oh wells…maybe catch up next tues/thurs?

DrP

robinbetts
    Free Member

Ah! Have I missed out??? Just went to sign up and it says it’s full! 🙁

smiff
    Free Member

yeah this is amazing it sold out already apparently. maybe more places next year i don’t know, have to see how this one goes.

i wasn’t allowed to race as we need marshalls and anyway it’ll be cool to watch better riders on the trails we’ve built. or will build. or will have built. or something. roll on a dry summer 🙂

and yeah.. sausagefest, guess that was predictable :p

chiefgrooveguru

Phew, just in time! Now just need to get out on the bigger bike…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Registration for the QECP Gravity Enduro is now LIVE!’ is closed to new replies.