Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Registering a baby
  • steve-g
    Free Member

Tomorrow me and the mrs have to go and register our daughter as being born, as we are not married I have to be there to get my name on the certificate, We have to take a letter we got from the hospital when she was born with her NHS number on it but do we actually need to take her with us?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Yes. They’ll need to bar-code her.

jova54
    Free Member

You don’t need to take her as the letter from the hospital is the legal proof of her birth.

When our second daughter was born I was so keen to get her registered that I went straight from the hospital to the registrar only to be told to come back in two days with the letter from the hospital.

Back in the good old days, when our first daughter was born, the registrar visited the hospital and did it there and then, but that was in NI in 1981 so things have changed since then.

pedalhead
    Free Member

As above, no need to bring baby.

steve-g
    Free Member

cheers guys

ski
    Free Member

No need to take her in with you, just remember to spell her middle name, if she has one correctly and don’t play about with your job title either 😉

doc_blues
    Free Member

although they can provide much amusement – ours, at about a week old decided that doing a very noisy and smelly poo would lighten the atmosphere (although it failed to raise a flicker of a smile on the sour faced old hag that was doing the business for us)

steve-g
    Free Member

I think I am going to put myself down as “special agent”

Northwind

Remember you have to take her MOT certificate and insurance certificate otherwise they won’t let you register her.

desf
    Free Member

Put your occupation as ‘sperm donor’.
    😉

sharki
    Free Member

While you’re there ask if you can register your ex as dead….

That should raise a giggle or not…lol

MartynS

but do we actually need to take her with us?

na…. leave her at home.. she’ll be alreet.
    Just make sure you tidy away anything sharp before you go out.

IdleJon

I seem to remember sending the V5 off and about a month later the dvla sent her name back…..

DVLA seems to be sending out a lot of Jadons around here!

(Seriously, test your chosen name by standing in the middle of ASDA and shouting it in the most common accent you can muster. You’ll know then whether it is suitable for your chosen lifestyle/class/level of chavness or notchavness if you know what I mean?)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Registering a baby’ is closed to new replies.