Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Register to vote or stop compaining
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

If you’re paying tax in a country you should be able to vote on how that tax gets spent. Likewise, I do think it fair that if you’re not paying tax in a country then after a certain time period

Yep I can vote in the UK despite having not lived there for over 5 years, but in Oz I can’t despite paying tax here for that time.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Oh yay, another political thread.

Don’t vote, don’t care.

GrahamS

Same position as convert, very safe seat so my vote won’t make any difference to the outcome, but I’ll still vote because to do otherwise would be claimed as a victory for the other side.

slowoldman

Don’t vote, don’t care.

says dumbbot

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

…the government always gets in.

Well, there is an element of truth to this. If the government didn’t get in it probably means that there’s been a coup.

ulysse
    Free Member

says dumbbot

Go figure…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I am in the position of having a moral objection to the four candidates I will have a choice of which means I can’t even hold my nose and vote for the least worst option. That would have left me in the position of having to spoil my paper, until a monster raving loony candidate threw his hat into the ring. He’ll get my vote now.

Go tactical?

Dickyboy

This election is costing the country about £100m and is just a vanity/diversionary project for Mrs May – the best thing that could happen would be for all the non conservatives to just field one candidate in each constituency* making it a proper two horse race & then see the look on her face
    * I may be living in a dream world

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Register to vote or stop compaining’ is closed to new replies.