Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reggae fans – Capleton's new album – I-ternal fire
  • neilforrow

Cant get past the track: Babylon go down, just keep hitting it up.

I havent heard a modern reggae album like this for years… classic roots… but uptodate. funny how a dancehall dj / mc can make something this good.

Jah!

trailmonkey

ta for the heads up

ooOOoo
    Free Member

yeah cheers will check it on spotify….jah bless

yunki
    Free Member

any recommendations on cheerful.. happy.. uplifting Reggae..?

I love all of it.. but I'm currently using my other half's car.. which is signwritten in a lovely twee and pretty victorian style extolling the virtues of her cake-making business…
    So no hardcore burning down babylon and toasting 'bout the evil whitey duppy' vibes eminating from the car window if I'm cruising around town..

neilforrow

yunki – Member

I love all of it.. but I'm currently using my other half's car.. which is signwritten in a lovely twee and pretty victorian style extolling the virtues of her cake-making business…
    So no hardcore burning down babylon and toasting 'bout the evil whitey duppy' vibes eminating from the car window if I'm cruising around town..

has to be:

Culture – International Herb

one of the most uplifting reggae albums imo. some of the tunes are so far out there they are like hymns

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

How does it compare to Reign of Fire?

neilforrow

The Southern Yeti – Member

How does it compare to Reign of Fire?

as good, if not better (imo)… less hall' and a bit more music if you know what i mean. proper reggae

italspark
    Free Member

nice one , ill check it

mmb
    Free Member

try johnny osbourne's truth and rights, cultures two sevens clash ( even better than international herb )or marley's catch a fire, exodus, suvival or uprising albums,maybe some jacob miller,upsetters or abysynnians will do the trick, they do for me.

Joolz
    Free Member

Cool, will look into it.

Lol, you've just reminded me; I tried explaining skanking to my office buddy today. I think she thinks I'm mental – I had to resort to youtube to get her to understand what I meant, even that didn't do it justice.

Speaking of which, there are a disturbing number of videos online of people skanking around alone in their bedrooms. What's with that?

corroded
    Free Member

I like the Heptones and the Congos (Heart of the Congos). Great harmonies.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reggae fans – Capleton's new album – I-ternal fire’ is closed to new replies.