Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Refurb notebook or new tablet?
  • naffrider
    Free Member

Want a portable device, probably a 50/50 work/play split.

Work, writing of short reports, showing the odd chart/presentation on a one to one basis. Play, web browsing, watching the odd programme/movie as I’m waiting around.

New Tablet. Lots of choice, sleek, simple, technologically up to date.

Refurb Notebook. Better spec, built in keyboard

I reckon being a practical kind of person I’m edging towards a notebook as I reckon I only want a tablet because it’s slightly more of a fashionable, ‘in’ thing.

One thing though, every notebook I’ve used always sounds like its trying to take off from the fan, something that I hate and could be a deal breaker. Do Tablet have heating issues too?

Any helpful input much appreciated 🙂

Naff.

khani
    Free Member

I’m not telling you to rush out and buy one, cba with the apple v whoever obllocks..but my iPad is completely silent, I don’t think it has a fan inside it, no over heating issues even when it’s been on for hours.,
    I’d imagine most if not all tablets are the same…

cynic-al
    Free Member

A lot of writing? Proper keyboard a must.

mrmo
    Free Member

lots of writing equals keyboard.

But

an apple bluetooth keyboard will work with an iPad….

I guess how big a screen do you need, how demanding a user are you etc.

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

Wait for the MS surface.

neepshed
    Free Member

Ive just ordered a tablet and I have a laptop. I really cant ever see any serious “work” being done on a tablet. If you need to buy a bluetooth keyboard you might as well buy a laptop?

cranberry
    Free Member

Any writing = proper computer. I can’t believe how utterly horrid and bendy the external keyboard is for my mum’s Ipad.

cookeaa

I’m keeping my old laptop for ‘proper’ duties and trying a nexus 7 for web browsing/media streaming duties as I don’t want the faff of firing up the laptop every evenong and don’t feel like paying apple money for a tablet…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Refurb notebook or new tablet?’ is closed to new replies.