Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Reflective vest for running?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Anyone have any recommendations, looking more for reflective shine than hi viz. any non running kit that does the job better than run branded kit?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I use Sportful cycling gear, very good fit and very reflective.

http://www.probikekit.co.uk/sports-clothing/sportful-reflex-2-cycling-gilet/10743315.html

I actually have the long sleeve version but I’m sure the vest is just as good, although those are showerproof not general gilets

Pieface

Standard hii-viz top from halfords / wickes for £5

mrblobby
    Free Member

Gore do a load of them in their Running Wear range and they are a good running fit. If you already have one that isn’t reflective you could always get some iron-on reflective tape and do yours up.

I’ve done what pieface recommends for riding in with a bit of duck tape to make it more aero. It’s ok for riding but gets a bit warm when running.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As ever, where reflective is concerned, movement is key. Arm and ankle bands, especially on the outside arm/leg are a superb way of being seen as a runner, in the same way that they are on a bike.

midlifecrashes

Unless you’re running on the road, why would you want it? When you cross a road, just make sure you watch out for traffic, just like every other pedestrian does. If you are running on the road, I’d say you need a check-up from the neck up, more than hi-viz.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Unless you’re running on the road, why would you want it? When you cross a road, just make sure you watch out for traffic, just like every other pedestrian does. If you are running on the road, I’d say you need a check-up from the neck up, more than hi-viz.

Totally agree, and if you live in a town this is fine, but lots of people do live in the middle of nowhere with lots of quiet country lanes and not much pavement and still want to go running.

footflaps

I have an Altura Nightvision gilet I use for running rather than cycling.

Tracey

Our local Aldi still have a lot in from their running sale before Christmas

back2basics
    Free Member

didnt nike do a gillet thats totally 3m reflective material. Nike Flash i think the range is

Jamie
    Free Member

I really wouldn’t bother.

…unless you’re running down unlit country roads, and even then it probably wouldn’t help much 8)

project
    Free Member

As somebody who cycles down unlit cycletracks used by runners and pople with dogs, PLEASE GET SOME REFLECTIVES A JACKET, ARMBANDS ETC, they may well save your life if an errant cyclist or motorcyclist can see you before he hits you, also if you collapse or fal somebody will hopefully find you quicjker by seeing the reflective shining back as just a lump lying in the ditch.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

cheers guys. its a vest or band type that i’m after. i’ve used a few club ones and some more jacket/non mesh type get too hot.

roads around here can be very dark, i really don’t care if i look silly i’d rather show up. it was very noticible last night when i had to pop out after dark that in town the runners who stood out the most had reflectives.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Reflective vest for running?’ is closed to new replies.