Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Reflective messenger bags
  • scratch
    Free Member

Timbuk2 was first choice but can’t find anything too reflective on their site.

There’s a quite fast section of road on the commute, I have loads of lights but need a new bag, was looking for something with decent wedge of reflective material on the cover, under £50 if possible.

Anyone tried/seen the Madison bags?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I was the Madison bags at a show – I was impressed by the quality.

scratch
    Free Member

Waist strap to I think? Handy.

sc-xc

Howies Chevron, not sure if they still sell them, but it’s like riding along with a road sign on your back.

scratch
    Free Member

I thought Howies did one but checked there site and couldn’t see anything, discontinued I guess?

binners

Its a shame the Howies ones are discontinued. They fit the bill perfectly. Its worth looking out for one on ebay. They’re basically indestructible. I used mine daily on the commute for years, loaded up with laptop and everything, in all weathers, and its still going strong. You can’t wreck ’em

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ankle bands – about the most effective bit of reflective stuff out there. Buy a bag you lik, then go for the reflective stuff afterwards.

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

Try Bagaboo

You get to pick your own colours. I had mine made up with extra reflective material as part of the design. Top quality bags.

sobriety
    Free Member

I seem to recall that howies were made to discontinue theirs by the HA as they were too close to being actual signs…

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Are those Madison ones waterproof? (i.e. made of waterproof material, not too fussed it some gets in the flap)

scratch
    Free Member

I’m guessing not but, I usually use an Alpkit dry bag internally to keep stuff dry, I’m not taking lap tops or anything, just a shirt/phone etc.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ve got a Howies one going spare if anyone needs one?

sobriety
    Free Member

Pm’ed

MrSmith
    Free Member

Bagaboo, I did my own design with a checkerboard effect in black/reflective on the flap plus a strip along the bottom.

riddoch

If you go for a custom Timbuktu bag you can spec reflective trim as well as actually using reflective material for the body of the bag. From memory they had high vis orange and yellow as well as one that appeared black but had glass beads impregnated so was very reflective.
    OK you will have to pay shipping and duty but you do get a lifetime guarantee.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Reflective messenger bags’ is closed to new replies.