Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • refitting hope pro 2 pawls
  • garethh
    Free Member

I’m trying to fit the springs and pawls to the freehub but it seems like a really tight fit, i’ve definately got the right pawls and springs but seem to not be having any luck, any advice,

Gareth

AndyPaice
    Free Member

it is a tight fit, you need to squeeze the round bit at the end of the spring to get it to fit into the recess. The pawls fit quite easily.

just a bit of a faff to get all fitted.

garethh
    Free Member

Cheers Andy, i’ll give it another go, it seems like a very tight fit with only minimal space with the pawl alone, I bought a few spare springs just in case,

Gareth

coatesy
    Free Member

Fit the springs in first,don’t try pushing them down into the hole, rather push them into the slot, slide the tip into the hole and rotate it in if that makes sense(easier to do than describe on a keyboard). Once the spring is located then depress it’s tang with a small screwdriver blade and slot the pawl in place.

garethh
    Free Member

Cheers, all sorted was trying it slightly wrong!

Anthony
    Free Member

Sounds like you were squeezing the pawl and spring into the same slot?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Use a bit of grease to hold them in place, that usually helps

garethh
    Free Member

Anthony: I think I’m best not revealing my moment of stupidity, all back to its noisy freehub self with some nice new bearings, pawls and springs,
    G

billyboy
    Free Member

Did your pawls give you jip early? I had problems with a Hope Pro 2 that I bought in April 2008. Three of the four leaf springs busted over new year on me. I have one of the real clicky Pro 2’s from 2007 which is still going strong from 2007 without giving me any nonsense.

Faulty batch?

garethh
    Free Member

No I think the bearings in the freehub went first causing the pawls and springs to get damaged, unfortunately I was on holiday at the time so kept riding carefully, when I came to take it apart there were bits everywhere, hence the confusion as to where stuff went. I have heard that the springs can go easily, they are quite delicate so I can see how they wouldn’t last long. Easy and cheap to change though.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘refitting hope pro 2 pawls’ is closed to new replies.