Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 131 total)
  • Referendum Predictions
  • legend
    Free Member

Edinburgh goes mental!?! Oh **** hope it’s not like the riots!!

[video]http://youtu.be/N2kC1jMKZco[/video]

tinybits
    Free Member

No – 56%

“I still won as we have more independence than before” – 100%

senorj

I’m afraid it will be Yes 60%.

bikebouy
    Free Member

TiRed – Member
    N 54%
    Y 46%

Kinnock effect – in the cold light of the ballot box, voters will not be able to bring themselves to vote for financial meltdown for the sake of a thistle on a passport.

^ this.

I said No then, and I mean it now.

I’d like to offer up my support for anyone who actually goes out to vote rather than sit in and do nothing/abstain.
    It’s a vote and however you choose to use, use it wisely.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

50.5/49.5 to no, followed by riots and calls for recounts…. and then Scotland turns into Northern Ireland during the troubles.

loddrik
    Free Member

To quote a shite sci fi films tagline..

“whoever wins, we lose!”

olddog

Tom beat me too it, but something like:

No: 50.1
    Yes: 49.9

or vice versa.

rene59
    Free Member

N50.9% Y49.1% followed next year by a Tory/UKIP coalition in Westminster followed by EU in/out referendum ending with a new Scottish independence referendum N25% Y75%.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Jamba, OR point, spastic referring to the wildly flailing, uncontrollable cathartic purge of “IDENTITY” rather rather a slur.

Good word appropriated by bullies.

Anyway, yes.

“Dinnae NO me ya fud” *smack*
    “Youre not singing yes anymoooore” *smack*
    “Where’s the smack gone?” *smack*

ohnohesback
    Free Member

There won’t be an in/out EU referendum.

dazh

N50.9% Y49.1% followed next year by a Tory/UKIP coalition in Westminster followed by EU in/out referendum

It would be a huge irony if Scotland voted no to taking control over it’s own affairs only for the UK to then vote yes.

bigjim

and then Scotland turns into Northern Ireland during the troubles.

it is getting a bit like that, a division into them’s and us’s, murals, flags, it’s really unpleasant. Hopefully all over soon though.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The issue will fester on regardless of the result,

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

N 54%
    Y 46%

Kinnock effect – in the cold light of the ballot box, voters will not be able to bring themselves to vote for financial meltdown for the sake of a thistle on a passport.

+1

It would be a huge irony if Scotland voted no to taking control over it’s own affairs only for the UK to then vote yes.

Salmond makes fek all sense, wanting independance, keep the pound and lose all fiscal control over it, and join the EU without a veto. WTF?

rene59
    Free Member

and then Scotland turns into Northern Ireland during the troubles.

it is getting a bit like that, a division into them’s and us’s, murals, flags, it’s really unpleasant. Hopefully all over soon though. [/quote]

No it’s not, not even close.

http://www.spf.org.uk/2014/09/spf-media-release-independence-referendum-2/

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

An independent Scotland will **** Northern Ireland up though. So even if the Scot’s don’t start car bombing each other, you can be sure some of the Irish will. It will throw up a hole host of political problems over there.

hairyscary

If my work colleagues (Aberdeen oil & gas) are anything to go by it will be a resounding yes 🙁

kcal

@hairyscary, I’m surprised about that, would have thought general consensus in O&G is for retained UK structure – devil they know and all that.. and a likely rise in income tax for an independent Alba..

slowoldman

It’s all bravado. They’ll bottle it at the last minute. Just like we did with the PR vote. 63% No.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Salmond makes fek all sense, wanting independance, keep the pound and lose all fiscal control over it, and join the EU without a veto. WTF?

@thisisnot – but you see he is “in charge”, that’s why it makes sense to him

GrahamS

It’s all bravado.

I wouldn’t be so sure, preparations have started already:

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

@hairyscary, I’m surprised about that, would have thought general consensus in O&G is for retained UK structure – devil they know and all that.. and a likely rise in income tax for an independent Alba..

Aberdeen is amost entirly populated by ‘ex-pats’ from England, all regustered as .ltd companies, and Salmond promised a 3p drop in corperation tax.

Assuming they’re all paying about 30% tax, that’s a 5% pay rise on already very good sallaries. I’d vote for the independance of a country I was only going to be living in short term on that basis too!

bigjim

I think it’s going to be close but

Yes: 45%
    No: 55%

but you never know.

I think I’ve decided for myself anyway, or maybe…

ohnohesback
    Free Member

The PR referendum was a dead duck from the moment it was born. This one isn’t.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Good luck to Scotland. I’m not sure it’s the right decision but a yes vote will bring carnage and change both of which are in short supply. It will shake westminster to its core and there will be knock on effects throughout Europe. The Catalans are aready kicking off.

jambalaya
    Free Member

The PR referendum was a dead duck from the moment it was born. This one isn’t.

Agreed although the PR referendum was dead as it wasn’t a referendum for actual PR, twas a “grubby little compromise” as correctly described by Clegg some years before.

whimbrel
    Free Member

Last week Murdoch said Salmond had private polling at Yes 54%, No 46%.

I’ll go with that.

jp-t853

I reckon 57% for the no vote.

A lot of undecided’s seem to be saying that to avoid getting a lecture on why they should vote yes

piemonster

A lot of undecided’s seem to be saying that to avoid getting a lecture on why they should vote yes

I know a few of those.

No idea how the vote will go in all honesty.

gavstorie
    Free Member

Id like it to be a yes… But even if its a no.. Westminster has been awakened to the fact that things cannot continue on the same path..

Friday will be the start of something different..

Northwind

I’m going to predict it using something all the home nations have in common- football

I think the most likely outcome is this:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uhe_l1h3w8[/video]

Geoff Hurst scores by promising devolution and money, but it never crosses the line. Scottish people never shut up about it for the next 50 years, while complaining that English people never shut up about it.

But you never know, it might be more like this:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0NT6aUwN8c&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

In which case, I’ll blame Colin Hendry. Useless.

piemonster

Right, last minute punt before crosses get crossed.

59% yes 41% No

barkm
    Free Member

Yes: 62%

hora
    Free Member

I have no tattos. If Scotland stays Im going to get a small Union Jack tattoo. If they go I’ll move on. 🙁

I love Scotland but like a beautiful woman if she wants to leave you what can you do?

GEDA
    Free Member

I predict Yes: and all the politicians promises strangely don’t come true.
    I predict No: and all the politicians promises strangely don’t come true.

I predict Yes: and there are a lot of pissed people in both senses of the word.
    I predict No: and there are a lot of pissed people in both senses of the word.

I predict Yes: and there is great deal of instability and resentment.
    I predict No: and there is great deal of instability and resentment.

So same result both ways. Looking at this “after” the event this whole vote thing was a really divisive, negative idea. I hope we can be carry on our culture of agreeing to disagree what ever the result.

nickjb
    Free Member

No 66.54%

bearnecessities

I love Scotland but like a beautiful woman if she wants to leave you what can you do?

Blackmail her.

unklehomered
    Free Member

54:46 to the No.

I also predict tears before bedtime.

swavis

Well that’s me back from doing my little bit to save the Union. Nice to see a steady stream of folk turning out.

molgrips
    Free Member

I predict a lot of very unhappy people.

Yes, and that’s going to make for a united society that works together to get stuff done.

Oh wait..

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Referendum Predictions’ is closed to new replies.