Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Reeva Steenkamp RIP
  • brack
    Free Member

Ive just heard on the news that Reeva Steenkamp has been cremated today – god bless her.

Surely that is too soon after the event ?

I appreciate the family want to bury their loved one but would that happen so quickly here in the UK or would her body have been held by police until at least the case was closed to ensure all evidence is not destroyed ?

jon1973
    Free Member

I’m not sure anyone is contesting the cause of her death are they? What evidence needs to be preserved? I’m sure they took lots of pictures of the scene, which is probably more important in this case.

brack
    Free Member

I don’t know Jon…and maybe a more informed forensic type forumite could inform me. The killing is less than a week old and the case barely started ? Just seems odd

Bregante

Usually over here,in a murder enquiry the body would be released to the family following a second post mortem (by a pathologist acting for the defence). This would usually happen quite soon after the defendant was charged so no, not that unusual tbh.

mildred

Just seems odd

Why?

Can you explain your train of thought?

Edit: had she been Muslim it would likely have been much sooner – even in these circumstances

brack
    Free Member

Its such a high profile case and one that will rumble on and on … did he/ didn’t he do it, and until the courts have made a decision then there still remains a ‘possibility’ that evidence may not have been collected adequately.

But yeah..poss just being naive

Brycey
    Free Member

He’s not saying he didn’t do it.

Thought this was going to be a brutal faux-grief thread; it’s only marginally better.

Edit: And no, I shouldn’t have opened it.

jam-bo

at a guess, death from multiple gunshot wounds is pretty conclusive.

brack
    Free Member

Thought this was going to be a brutal faux-grief thread; it’s only marginally better

So you go looking for posts that are going to wind you up or depress you ?

brack
    Free Member

jam bo ….yeah the death bit is conclusive – not disputing that.

Its the proving who did it..with what that gets complex.

Brycey
    Free Member

Oops you’ve forgot to quote my

“Edit: And no, I shouldn’t have opened it”

Silly you 🙁

Brycey
    Free Member

“He’s not saying he didn’t do it'”

jam-bo

someone has admitted shooting her. its the motive that is under question.

chewkw
    Free Member

I judge guilty!!!

Unless he hires OJ’s lawyers …

brack
    Free Member

Yeah you are too quick brycey 😆

brack
    Free Member

For me anyway

brack
    Free Member

Yeah all true – I was only asking a question. But as bregante states – the procedure is normal. Ive been informed.

Brycey
    Free Member

Bit grumpy, got the man flu. Sorry.

molgrips
    Free Member

If he’s innocent, imagine how shit he must feel? Accidentally shooting your own girlfriend? Jesus 🙁

torsoinalake
    Free Member

If he’s innocent, imagine how shit he must feel? Accidentally shooting your own girlfriend? Jesus

Doesn’t matter. Even if his story is true, he made the choice to fire blind through a door without establishing the whereabouts of the occupants of the house.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Its the proving who did it..with what that gets complex

They know who did it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Even if his story is true, he made the choice to fire blind through a door without establishing the whereabouts of the occupants of the house.

What do you mean it doesn’t matter? It was a very stupid thing to do, and he’s definitely guilty of it, but it would still be a terrible accident and he would still be feeling pretty low.

However it’s SUCH a stupid thing to have done that it puts me on the fence as to his guilt of pre-meditated murder. Then again, I’ve done some odd things when woken up suddenly in the middle of the night, but then again again I don’t live in South Africa and I don’t sleep with a gun under my pillow.

duntstick
    Free Member

Testosterone injector, gets angry at partner during blazing row. Aims weapon at an angle at the toilet, where he can hear and expects his partner to be, having previously had to lock the door.(Which would fan the flames no end)
    Do burglars sit on toilets, during their activities, I don’t know

I’d be hanging back on the sympathy for poor old Oscar until more is known.

joolsburger
    Free Member

South Africa is a dangerous place, a good friends mother was murdered and burned in her own home and I am told the shoot first ask questions later mentality is very common.

It could have gone down exactly as he said or he brutally murdered her, who knows? That’s what juries are for. He’s been convicted by the media already and I suspect a fair trial is out of the window either way.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

It was avoidable. The girl lost his life because of his actions. Gun ownership has responsibilities.

Time for him to man up and take what is coming to him.

Edit: Jools – no jury in the South African legal system.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d be hanging back on the sympathy for poor old Oscar until more is known

Well I got plenty of sympathy, even for people who **** up and make terrible mistakes. Especially if they are under the influence.

patriotpro
    Free Member

torsoinalake – Member
    It was avoidable. The girl lost his life because of his actions. Gun ownership has responsibilities.

Time for him to man up and take what is coming to him.

This plus a squillion, although there’s no way he’s gonna admit to what he actually did imo.

Sandwich

I’ve done some odd things when woken up

Some accounts state that he was awake and moving things off the veranda/balcony. More holes than Gouda in the defence.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Defence saying he was not wearing his ‘legs’ and felt vunerable – police say that the bullet holes/angles indicate that they were fired from a ‘normal’ height.
    This could be an issue for Mr P.

BermBandit
    Free Member

I do wonder if the find of steroids at his home might have some bearing on this case. The mind altering effects are quite a well trodden path.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Would he really have been awoken by intruder, got his gun, got out of bed and gone over to the bathroom to shoot it up without saying anything at all to his partner (who presumably was next to him in bed)?

warton
    Free Member

we all know who did it.

and about shoot first, ask later.

“whats that noise coming from my bathroom?”
    get up, put on legs, don’t ask Girlfriend who he went to bed with if she can hear it, or even notice she isn’t in bed. walk to bathroom, open fire without asking who’s there.

Nonsense, he murdered her.

SkillWill
    Free Member

It’s a shame someone died but loads of other people died too.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

The defence has given the investigating policeman a complete mauling today, for what it’s worth

sharkbait
    Free Member

The defence has given the investigating policeman a complete mauling today, for what it’s worth

Not entirely sure it was a ‘complete mauling’ according to 5 Live

BermBandit
    Free Member

Certainly sounds like mauling form the report on the BBC website.

grum
    Free Member

That’s what juries are for. He’s been convicted by the media already and I suspect a fair trial is out of the window either way.

They don’t have jury trials in S Africa – cases are heard only by a judge with two assessors (usually former judges etc). I think the reason so many details have come out is there’s a belief judges will be less swayed my media coverage than average Joe.

They also have to give reasons for their verdict (unlike a jury).

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

He must have a very good pocket-sprung mattress to not notice that there was no girlfriend in the bed when he got himself up from it.

And why would the bathroom door be locked – would you expect your girlfriend/fiancee to lock the bathroom door when there was no else in the house but you?

So he fired four shots through the bathroom door, through a closed door, and 3 of them managed to hit someone who was sitting on the toilet which was in the corner and not at all in a straight line from the door (floorplans are on the net).

If he knew where the toilet was in the bathroom, why would he think that the burglar was sitting on it? Sitting because the shots came downwards apparently, which implies that he had his legs on (or was holding the gun gangster-style above his head).

All sounds too dodgy – I reckon he did it in a moment of rage – maybe brought on by the testosterone they found there.

Anyway he guilty of killing someone.

I doubt it was premeditated though – why the hell would you do that – killing your wife is one thing – but why not just split up with your fiancee?

alpin
    Free Member

He can’t really be held responsible for what he done. He was legless at the time….

alpin
    Free Member

Although the prosecution reckons he doesn’t have a leg to stand on.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Reeva Steenkamp RIP’ is closed to new replies.