Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Redudancy pay for part timers?
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Our shop is closing, I’ve only been there a few months so I get nowt, but our Saturday lad has been here well over 2 years. He was 14 when he started here, now 16. He works Saturdays and the holidays for a few weeks full time this year.
    Is he entitled to any redundancy pay? I don’t see why not, but I don’t know….

tron
    Free Member

I would guess it’s statutory redundancy, which mean’s a week’s pay per year of service, so I suppose that will mean 2 days pay…

project
    Free Member

Got to be over 18, but the boss can give him a pile of cash , its his choice,but unlikely.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    project
    Free Member

To be eligible for a redundancy payment under the Acts, you must satisfy the following requirements:

•You must be aged 16 or over. (Since 8 May 2007 there is no upper age limit of 66.)
    •You must be in employment that is insurable under the Social Welfare Acts. Full-time employees under the age of 66 must be paying Class A PRSI. (This insurability requirement does not apply to part-time workers – see below.)
    •You must have worked continuously for your employer for at least 104 weeks over the age of 16.

So he neds to be 18, as he needs to have worked for the employer for 2 years full time.

mrhoppy

Depends on his contracted hours afaik. Mrs hoppy worked for 7 years at her last place, the last year on 50% hours, redundancy was worked out on contracted hours at the time of redundancy. As a youngster I’d guess he’s in a zero hour contract.

allthepies
    Free Member

Anything on the horizon for you PP ?

Drac

Sadly a Saturday boy is entitled to diddly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Redudancy pay for part timers?’ is closed to new replies.